Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

321 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online, was then invited to attend their recruitment day in San Diego office. They basically showed me around their facilities, showed me presentations about their company history, and conducted a small interview with a member of their engineering team.

Interview Questions

• How confident do you feel in your software engineering and machine learning experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Apply online and waiting for the company evaluate the application. If the application qualifies, the HR assistant contacts the candidate to make an interview appointment. There is a panel Interview with 4 hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Introduce yourself?
      2. what was the most challenge that you faced?   Answer Question

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was set up with a phone interview the following day with the head of the department, the interview lasted roughly an hour and went very well. he stated he wanted to offer me a position on the condition of my background check and security clearance going well.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle being given a task with a fellow employee who did not work well with others?   Answer Question

Behavior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Got an email asking if I was available. Called into their conferencing system. Panel of 4 people. Easy to research online who they were. Seemed very relaxed. Seemed to be looking for right "fit" since they weren't concerned about my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• They started the interview wanting to know what questions I had. I had expected that at the end. And the HR person who set up the interview hadn't told me the specific project name they were hiring for, which left me a bit thrown when they asked about that (military acronym).   Answer Question

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA) in May-June 2017. The process took 6 weeks.

Overall the process was very straightforward. I applied online and 3 days later I was asked to do a phone screen. During the call, which last roughly 30 minutes, I was asked to go over my current role and mention anything relevant to the job I was applying for. The recruiter then explained in detail what the company offers, the atmosphere and more about the role itself. The call went very well and the recruiter felt confident in me moving on to the next round and said he would push for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. 15 days later I received an email to schedule my on-site interview.
    3 days after that I met with the hiring manager of the department I was applying for. At the time, it felt like an odd interview experience. We spent a lot of time going over my college experience (I graduated 5 years ago). We barely discussed my current role or the position I was applying for. Had I not asked about the program, the company, his background, etc., we probably would've finished in about 15 minutes and only talked about my college experience.

However, after getting feedback from the hiring manager, it appears I did really well on the in-person interview. That's just the hiring manager's style of interviewing - having it be more of a casual conversation than an interview which I understand now. The recruiter reached out to me 2 weeks after the in-person interview and told me they had gone with the other candidate. The only difference between us was that they had aerospace experience. I completely understand the reasoning. But I do have to say though, I wish they had put together a candidate pool that was comparing apples to apples instead of apples to oranges. Someone without aerospace experience can't compete with someone that has it. So I really didn't have a shot from the get go. Just a suggestion for them*

The recruiter did a phenomenal job throughout the process and I really appreciate their effort. They were very helpful and even said they want to keep the communication between us open so that if they come across another position that they feel I'd be a good fit for, they'll reach out and if I see something I'm interested in to directly reach out to them rather than going through the application process again. I really appreciate their level of dedication towards a candidate they feel is a good fit so I'm glad I made that contact.

*If you get to schedule an on-site visit, arrive 15 minutes prior to your interview time as you must check-in at the visitors center and your interviewer has to come get you. Also, a lot of employees get visitor badges for friends, and they are given preference over you so this may make you late*

Application Submitted: 5/16
    Phone Screen Request: 5/19
    Phone Screen: 5/22
    In-person request: 6/6
    In person: 6/9
    Rejection Received on 6/26

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I've only done the phone screening interview with HR and my application is still under review by recruiter. It was an easy going conversation. Wanted to know why left former job and details of past relevant work.

Logistics Management Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

Interview

The process was pretty quick as they were trying to get someone asap. I applied for the job and a week later was contacted to schedule the 1st Phone Interview, which ended up being postponed and being a week after originally planned.

In the interview I spoke with the Hiring Manager about the company, position, and department and it's role in the company. It took about 20 minutes and we were done, pretty basic asking about my own experience and what skills I had.

I couldn't get his email, so I sent a Thank You Note to have the recruiter forward to the, which I am not sure if they actually did, and not sure if that affected my chance of being hired.

FYI I was also "Referred" by a friend who works at NG, so I assume my name was on the list, although my experience was a lot more than what the job posting stated they were looking for.

Overall, I was called in for the interview, so I drove from SD to LA for it and back, and it was basically the same as the phone interview but with 2 additional people on the team talking with me. It was a bit informal as it was just in the Manager's office and not in a meeting room. It took about 30 minutes and it ended.

3 weeks later I get the rejection, and I assume it may be because I do not live in LA or they just had someone who had more experience was a better fit.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

It was the single worst experience of my life interviewing with them. I started the application back in November, don't hear back but attend a live in person conference in February. There I was granted an in person interview where I impressed the manager there and he recommended me to the mission sector team. I don't hear back for another six weeks in march. Where they had me attend their virtual career fair where I had to wait in queue for one hour each to talk to two recruiters and HR. We were only granted 10 minutes each but I made the best of my situation and impressed the two there as well. They tend have me attend another interview event in Baltimore relating to a group interview panel. The entire interview took 6.5 hours and the recruiters there invited me to a software engineer interview, a position I was never qualified for or had any chance of succeeding. The worst part is they call out everyone at the event they wanted to hire one by one and tell them they are writing the offer letter as they speak and left the rejects in an isolated room. The recruiters there lied to my face, knew I didn't get the offer, and isolated me from the rest of my group in a dark corner because the hiring managers decided I wasn't qualified for a position I never applied for. They then wasted even more of my time by forcing me to wait for everyone else who got their offers to leave before I was let out of my corner to finally go home as if it wasn't bad enough I didn't get the offer but they had to waste even more of my time by making me the literal last person to leave the hotel. And to make matters more convoluted, they post three new model based/architecture systems engineer positions that I was qualified for the night before the interview but never granted me a chance to interview for that area of specialty. Before this interview process I looked up and idolized Northrop Grumman as one of my goal and dream jobs and they repaid me by stringing me along, giving me false hope, lying to me, isolating me, and effectively screwing me out of a job I was qualified for by posting the jobs right before my interview. This entire process took 6 months and I came out of it looking like a chump and absolutely worthless. If they want you for the job, they will bend over backwards to get you an interview but if they don't want you they will essentially treat you like trash. I have never lost so much respect for a company I used to admire and look up to as much as Northrop Grumman and never been treated so poorly during an interview I almost wanted to cry.

Electrical Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Melbourne, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for a position in Melbourne, FL. The recruiter called me and wanted to setup a video interview. He asked what locations I would consider (they were hiring in Florida, Oklahoma, and California), I told him I was really only interested in Florida. We set up the interview, all went pretty well. No technical questions, only behavioral questions. I felt like I did really well. I was contacted by the recruiter about 10 days later, he said they weren't interested. I asked if he could find out why (just so I would know what I should try to improve on). He came back a few days later and said they weren't hiring in Florida, only Oklahoma and California. I told him I would consider Oklahoma if the offer was right. About a week later I heard back from the recruiter saying they didn't have any positions in Oklahoma available.

It seemed like there was another reason I wasn't considered and they just wouldn't give me the truth. I would rather receive some constructive criticism rather than them beating around the bush about why they weren't offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when/how did you handle a situation   Answer Question

Program Cost Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was quite pleasant. I interviewed one on one with a member of the Project Cost team. They focused on the technical aspects of the position and questioned my knowledge of metrics that are fundamental to the job description.

All in all it was a great experience.

It has been several weeks (8) since I have heard back from the hiring manager, although my profile indicates "Under Consideration" on the NGC Career Website.

From start to finish, I imagine this process will be around 3-4 months, possibly longer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer