Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1,105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Wanted to know leadership experiences and general personality; Talked about why I was majoring in what I was majoring and general small talk - 45 minute interview process with no technical question; They followed up with an email saying that they were interested in me and what steps I had to take to say that I was interested as well

Interview Questions

• Asked me a question but did not give much information   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

An on campus recruiting visit led very quickly to an on site interview. The recruiters and managers were very helpful throughout the process. Follow up and communication was very quick.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions asked during the interview, standard questions about my experience and why I was led to Northrup Grumman.   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Interviewed with them early November at career fair. Still waiting for a response. Not sure if its suppose to take this long. But I don't graduate any until next year so maybe that's why. Mostly behavior questions.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Went to career fair and got an email about an on-campus interview. There was only one interview. The questions were mostly behavioral (e.g. weaknesses, strengths, why I chose my major etc)

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about the projects I listed in my resume. No technical questions.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied through the career fair. Got an email shortly after and they interviewed me for two different groups, both in person. Still waiting on the response after a few days.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you had to come up with a creative solution?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Azusa, CA).

Interview

Did this back when I was fresh out of college. You get shuffled to meeting after meeting with different department heads. In each interview, they basically ask you the same thing. Seems as if they were shopping around to determine which department you best fit into. Kind of an inefficient process actually. Further, i was there for over 6 hours. Usually, they offer lunch. Oversight on their part, not only did they not provide lunch (which would have been no big deal), but they did not even afford me the opportunity to eat lunch myself. Rude and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• describe your engineering background   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (UCLA, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Asked me about my resume. Pretty chill. Just know what is on your resume. The interviewer pretty chill just make sure you can describe technical questions very well. They dont care about classes.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Was expected leadership and personality test but got a lot of data structure questions. They were very nice and talked about previous experience and the work life culture. They went over experiences from the resume

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied it via my university. Got an on campus interview followed by submitting a full package of application including recommendation letters, personal statement, transcripts and regular application. The on site interview in San Diego included several rounds interviews and a project. The interview questions are both behavioral and technical

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral questions and some technical questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR to schedule an interview. Interview was conducted over the phone and lasted for approx one hour. This was followed up by HR almost immediatally.