Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,057 Interview Reviews

2.6

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy behavioral interview. Went over resume and why I was a good fit for the company. Also asked about my past internships and other projects. Also asked about my current course work

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

talk in career fair as sophomore, clicked with the recruit who then interviewed me next morning, relaxed interview, mostly talk about project and behavioral question, nothing too technical, some basic filter circuit concepts,

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was called into the Northrop Grumman offices and met in the on sight cafeteria. I met with two managers, one would have been my direct manager and the other was another manager within the same division. It was a casual conversation and they immediately put me at ease. We talked for approximately 30 minutes and I left with a really good feeling about the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you think is the most important part of quality to an organization?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about what Northrop Grumman does?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Asked questions from resume and little about regression models. I had applied for machine learning project in Northrop Grumman. I had an interview through Web Ex where I was asked about my projects in depth.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects like Why did I apply a particular regression model for the project?   Answer Question

Software Engineer (PDP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (College Park, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at the career fair and got an on-campus interview. Interview was about 30 minutes long, half technical half behavior, but most of the questions were fairly softball. Technical questions were a mix of programming, OS, radar, and software development cycles.

Structures Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very easy and straight forward interview. My interviewer was very friendly and obviously loved his job and believed in the company. I got a job offer the next day, the background check took about a month and I was working within two months.

Interview Questions

• what would you do when confronted with a bad/difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Product Trainer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Pretty laid back interview. Asked numerous questions about the different systems I was familiar with. Asked about the ADDIE model. Interview consisted of 2 guys who were very friendly. Things move very slowly here though, applied 2 months prior to interview before getting a call.

Systems Engineering Test and Integration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Rolling Meadows, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for position, a few weeks later recruiter called and asked about my current qualifications (phone screen). Then got an email to setup a phone interview with a engineering manager which discussed my work areas and projects (45 minutes on the phone). A few weeks later got invited for on site interview by a panel of 4 hiring managers. Mixture of behavioral and project related questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you worked on which you helped solve a problem, describe the steps and final outcome.   1 Answer
    • What is your weakness as described by your manager?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job and a couple weeks later they called for an interview. I interviewed the next day. I had 3 interviewers. All very friendly. They read through my portfolio and asked me questions based off of my resume and portfolio. Technical questions were basic (I got some of them wrong due to nerves, but still got the job so don't worry too much about that). Be yourself and show confidence. I got a call back a week later with an offer.
    Advice: Go to their website and find where they give advice on interviews (it was really useful, showed exactly what they were looking for) AND make a portfolio. They were very happy that I came prepared.

Interview Questions

• What abstract data type is Last In First Out? What are two things you would test to make sure you programmed this correctly?   Answer Question

PC Network Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Saint Augustine, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was basic, I was asked if I had My A+ Certification and how much schooling I had completed and what did I major in. What was my past experience with PC.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to work over time and long hours.   1 Answer