Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017
1,056 Interview Reviews

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied through school's job board after going to career fair. Was contacted 2 months later with phone interview. Afterward was onsite interview with a couple people. They were all very nice and helped make me feel more comfortable.

Business Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (UCLA, CA).

Interview

Handed in my resume at a career fair event. After about a week got an email to fill out an online application and was called into an interview afterward. The interviewer asked traditional behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Met an a college career fair, interviewed the next day. Interview was with a single person, who I had spoken to the last day. Half behavioral half technical. Spoke openly about Northrop as a company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2017.

Interview

Had a panel interview with four managers. It was very laidback yet professional. Started out with your initial meet & greet then began with one of the managers describing the company as well as the roles of the position. The entire encounter was a very welcoming experience and I'm very pleased to have been offered an opportunity to join this wonderful team.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you had to handle a difficult situation with a client. how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Is the customer always right?   1 Answer
    • Xbox one or ps4?   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I was referred to the company by a networked connection I had made earlier at a former company. Both she and my soon-to-be new boss was familiar with me because of work I had done that affected and involved both companies. Northrop Grumman was highly interested in my knowledge and experience in project scheduling, using an earned value management system, and the then newly customer/government demanded Integrated Management Plan / Integrated Management Software (IMP/IMS) planning and reporting system. The interview would consist of two interviews, one with the hiring manager and one with the head of program finance. Because I would be taking a leading role and providing information on new systems, the hiring manager was mostly wondering how I was able to convey and help train others. He was already satisfied with the level of knowledge I had in a number of other aspects of the job. My interview with the senior manager was mostly a "welcome aboard" talk. I was offered the job immediately. It was easy and pain free.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about sharing your knowledge through developing a formal training program?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

long. application was under review for weeks. once i got an interview, the process still was slow due to a security clearance issue and then i never heard back until i called after i was told i would be notified of their decision. found out that they moved on with out letting me know. i didnt care that they moved on, i figured it was because of me clearance issue because the position needed one, but it would of been nice to of been kept in the loop.

Interview Questions

• it was more of a getting to know you interview. pretty laid back. talked with 3 different people at varying levels of management roles.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Was found on LinkedIn and flown out to interview at Lithicum Heights Maryland to interview for a beginner friendly Software Engineer lvl2-3 job. Interview talked about past experiences from jobs, concepts from operating systems course, and difference between an array and linked list. Was also asked the question on what is OO programming. No whiteboard or code writing necessary. No behavioral questions; purely technical high- level questions. Interview was laid back and insightful about the company.

Interview Questions

• What con of a linked list vs an array would there be if we had to access a value in a linked list vs a known position in an array.   Answer Question

Material Planning Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Rolling Meadows, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Extremely gratifying interview. Met with 2 different managers, both of whom were personable and gave a lot of insight. Received a tour of the facility after finishing interview. Told to wait 2-3 weeks for feedback and decision to be made.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I attended a recruiting event, got an interview at my school and interviewed with an engineer, and received an offer in the next few weeks.
    The recruiters and interviewers were all very nice.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online, was then invited to attend their recruitment day in San Diego office. They basically showed me around their facilities, showed me presentations about their company history, and conducted a small interview with a member of their engineering team.

Interview Questions

• How confident do you feel in your software engineering and machine learning experience.   1 Answer