Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.6

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I gave my resume to an engineer at an on-campus career fair. Received an on-site interview a few weeks later. The process was relaxed, with many other students interviewing on that day.

Program Cost COntr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied and got a reply in a day over the weekend. The process is very quick and depends on managers time. Drove to redondo beach checked in and got a badge and was led to the room for an interview. Had a panel interview with 5 people. The interview was pretty informal. Manager actually tried his best to calm the interviewee if he was nervous.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for the company and why I want to leave my last work   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The recruiting process was very disorganized. The recruiter did not give me much information prior to the interview. The recruiters never followed up after the interview. It seemed like there was a disconnect between the recruiter and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions, such as tell me about a time you worked cross functionally or as a team.   Answer Question

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Interview

It was mostly behavioral questions. I met with the recruiter on campus and he emailed me back to schedule a phone interview. I had two interviews. The first one was behavioral and the second was technical. Overall it was a positive experience.

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

I interviewed with 3 mechanical engineers. The job posting was incredibly vague and it was clear after about 30 minutes that my experience was in a different engineering subject than they were looking for. Got a facility tour at the end. The entire process from initial application to this point was cumbersome, as there were a couple of months in between each step.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with military electronics? What is your experience resolving conflict?   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Paperwork can be lengthy but the interview process was very efficient. The questions were not too difficult. The interview was more like an informal conversation. Received a response with a week of the interview.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and subsequently invited to participate in a phone interview with the mechanical engineering manager and senior mechanical engineer. The interview went very well until the senior ME started to ask questions. It was quite obvious he was trying to impress his boss. We went back and forth over a particular design question and lost track of the interview. Some questions that I felt were confidential were discussed in the open with my potential peers.

Interview Questions

• The standard tell me about yourself and some very specific mechanical design questions.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2017.

Interview

I was offered an interview at a university job expo. The interview was at a hotel the day afterward. I was asked a series of behavioral questions and questions about my previous experience. The interview was reasonably easy, and my interviewer told me that I did a great job, and that I should expect to hear a positive result. I was told that I would hear back within a week, but wasn't given any contact information for a recruiter. I didn't hear back for two weeks. When I went to the Northrop Grumman Careers online support, I was told that they couldn't help me since I wasn't given a case number. When I finally did hear back, I was told that my skills were not needed.

Program Cost Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aldie, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Aldie, VA).

Interview

By far the best I ever had. The first interview was like an exam, the Manager went through my resume and everything was analyzed and discussed from education up to professional experience. The second session was with the PM which knew all my work history without having my resume in front of him! That, right there, spoke high volume that he was prepared! The whole process took like 3
    months, but they won't hire without having the background check completed. Also a drug test is required. The recruiter was very responsive be helpful, as well!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quite reasonable

Busniss Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

it was in career event in DC>.
    When you arrive, you will meet your selection board (usually two or three people, including the supervisor of the position and a representative of Human Resources). The team leader will tell you what to expect, and will explain that the board will be recording your answers for later review. Don't let this recording process distract you—it’s a normal part of the interview and necessary to make a complete assessment later on.

The board will then begin asking you a series of questions to assess your knowledge, abilities and personal suitability. These may include:

Closed questions that demonstrate your knowledge by requiring a specific factual answer.
    Open-ended questions that are broader in scope and require you to work through the answer.
    Situational questions that describe a hypothetical situation and ask how you would proceed in those circumstances.
    Behavioural questions that ask you to describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it.