Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,026 Interview Reviews

2.6

Logistics Management Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty quick as they were trying to get someone asap. I applied for the job and a week later was contacted to schedule the 1st Phone Interview, which ended up being postponed and being a week after originally planned.

In the interview I spoke with the Hiring Manager about the company, position, and department and it's role in the company. It took about 20 minutes and we were done, pretty basic asking about my own experience and what skills I had.

I couldn't get his email, so I sent a Thank You Note to have the recruiter forward to the, which I am not sure if they actually did, and not sure if that affected my chance of being hired.

FYI I was also "Referred" by a friend who works at NG, so I assume my name was on the list, although my experience was a lot more than what the job posting stated they were looking for.

Overall, I was called in for the interview, so I drove from SD to LA for it and back, and it was basically the same as the phone interview but with 2 additional people on the team talking with me. It was a bit informal as it was just in the Manager's office and not in a meeting room. It took about 30 minutes and it ended.

3 weeks later I get the rejection, and I assume it may be because I do not live in LA or they just had someone who had more experience was a better fit.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

It was the single worst experience of my life interviewing with them. I started the application back in November, don't hear back but attend a live in person conference in February. There I was granted an in person interview where I impressed the manager there and he recommended me to the mission sector team. I don't hear back for another six weeks in march. Where they had me attend their virtual career fair where I had to wait in queue for one hour each to talk to two recruiters and HR. We were only granted 10 minutes each but I made the best of my situation and impressed the two there as well. They tend have me attend another interview event in Baltimore relating to a group interview panel. The entire interview took 6.5 hours and the recruiters there invited me to a software engineer interview, a position I was never qualified for or had any chance of succeeding. The worst part is they call out everyone at the event they wanted to hire one by one and tell them they are writing the offer letter as they speak and left the rejects in an isolated room. The recruiters there lied to my face, knew I didn't get the offer, and isolated me from the rest of my group in a dark corner because the hiring managers decided I wasn't qualified for a position I never applied for. They then wasted even more of my time by forcing me to wait for everyone else who got their offers to leave before I was let out of my corner to finally go home as if it wasn't bad enough I didn't get the offer but they had to waste even more of my time by making me the literal last person to leave the hotel. And to make matters more convoluted, they post three new model based/architecture systems engineer positions that I was qualified for the night before the interview but never granted me a chance to interview for that area of specialty. Before this interview process I looked up and idolized Northrop Grumman as one of my goal and dream jobs and they repaid me by stringing me along, giving me false hope, lying to me, isolating me, and effectively screwing me out of a job I was qualified for by posting the jobs right before my interview. This entire process took 6 months and I came out of it looking like a chump and absolutely worthless. If they want you for the job, they will bend over backwards to get you an interview but if they don't want you they will essentially treat you like trash. I have never lost so much respect for a company I used to admire and look up to as much as Northrop Grumman and never been treated so poorly during an interview I almost wanted to cry.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple, It is okay if you do not know everything. I know sometimes you get nervous about the things they might ask during the interview, but just relax and say what you know. Usually they just want to know your thought process.

Interview Questions

• Real time operating systems, assembly, and some techniques in C++ and C   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

phone interview, There is not really much more to say. The phone interview was strait forward but since Glassdoor is requiring that I write at least thirty words I am just going to continue writing until I meet the minimum.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within a week from a recruiter. The recruiter referred me to several positions and hiring managers for interviews. One was ultimately scheduled and the process was very simply.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process took five weeks. I was contacted by a recruiter and applied online. After an HR screening, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Everybody was very friendly and professional. After a week I received a call regarding interview results and the offer came two days later.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I went to a conference at Kansas city and got an onsite interview. I had to go through two different interviews. The manager asked me about my programming languages and my skill in these languages. This interview was more focused on the behavioral then technical.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager went through my skills and project. The interview was easy and didn't ask any hard technical question.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2017.

Interview

Process was very quick and professional, but was not a super personal experience.

I was referred to this position by a current employee, and within two days got an email from an in-house recruiter setting setting up a time for an on-site interview for me at an hiring event the following week.

The interview went very well, I was well prepared (as I am slightly overqualified for this position). It was with two managers for the role I was interviewing for. They were very friendly and personable, and seemed excited to speak to me and about the company in general.

I really like that NG has a lot of room for growth from lower positions and seems to treat employees very well. They also offer great employee benefits, and allow for movement to other locations.

Interview Questions

• How would you change a DC current to an AC current?   Answer Question
    • If you had a circuit with two 1k-Ohm resistors in parallel, what would the equivalent impedance be?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty working with a fellow team member.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through linkedin to attend a hiring event. I was given a time frame of 6 hours and was able to choose an hour slot to attend the event. Once I got the event there were a lot of people there. There were those that were very young and those who were older. There was a big mix of people with different experiences and they tried their best to find you a position where your skills would be used and find everyone a job. I met with two engineering managers and they both had different roles in the company. The main thing they asked were the experiences Ive had, the projects Ive worked on and why I wanted to come work here. Overall it was a great experience, very laid back interview. None of the questions were difficult to answer. It seemed like they wanted to get your personality and see if you would fit in the company, but also they wanted to see if your skills applied, which im sure if you are able to get an interview or invited to a hiring event you should have some type of skills that would fit in their ballpark.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects you've worked on, coding experience, hardware experience, education, what you currently do at your job etc.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2017.

Interview

They covered everything on my resume and asked questions about my specific contributions in my projects. Then they described the roles the thought I would fit well in after going over my resume which took a while. They wanted as much details as possible.