Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.6

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Interview

It was mostly behavioral questions. I met with the recruiter on campus and he emailed me back to schedule a phone interview. I had two interviews. The first one was behavioral and the second was technical. Overall it was a positive experience.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The recruiting process was very disorganized. The recruiter did not give me much information prior to the interview. The recruiters never followed up after the interview. It seemed like there was a disconnect between the recruiter and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions, such as tell me about a time you worked cross functionally or as a team.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

I interviewed with 3 mechanical engineers. The job posting was incredibly vague and it was clear after about 30 minutes that my experience was in a different engineering subject than they were looking for. Got a facility tour at the end. The entire process from initial application to this point was cumbersome, as there were a couple of months in between each step.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with military electronics? What is your experience resolving conflict?   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Paperwork can be lengthy but the interview process was very efficient. The questions were not too difficult. The interview was more like an informal conversation. Received a response with a week of the interview.

Software Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2017.

Interview

I was offered an interview at a university job expo. The interview was at a hotel the day afterward. I was asked a series of behavioral questions and questions about my previous experience. The interview was reasonably easy, and my interviewer told me that I did a great job, and that I should expect to hear a positive result. I was told that I would hear back within a week, but wasn't given any contact information for a recruiter. I didn't hear back for two weeks. When I went to the Northrop Grumman Careers online support, I was told that they couldn't help me since I wasn't given a case number. When I finally did hear back, I was told that my skills were not needed.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and subsequently invited to participate in a phone interview with the mechanical engineering manager and senior mechanical engineer. The interview went very well until the senior ME started to ask questions. It was quite obvious he was trying to impress his boss. We went back and forth over a particular design question and lost track of the interview. Some questions that I felt were confidential were discussed in the open with my potential peers.

Interview Questions

• The standard tell me about yourself and some very specific mechanical design questions.   Answer Question

Busniss Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

it was in career event in DC>.
    When you arrive, you will meet your selection board (usually two or three people, including the supervisor of the position and a representative of Human Resources). The team leader will tell you what to expect, and will explain that the board will be recording your answers for later review. Don't let this recording process distract you—it’s a normal part of the interview and necessary to make a complete assessment later on.

The board will then begin asking you a series of questions to assess your knowledge, abilities and personal suitability. These may include:

Closed questions that demonstrate your knowledge by requiring a specific factual answer.
    Open-ended questions that are broader in scope and require you to work through the answer.
    Situational questions that describe a hypothetical situation and ask how you would proceed in those circumstances.
    Behavioural questions that ask you to describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Very conversational. Met at university career fair and had an on-site interview the next day. About two weeks later was emailed about setting up a phone interview. Interviewed one week later and received feedback a week after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself outside of work/school.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended the Black Engineers of the Year Awards (BEYA). They had plenty of recruiters onsite. Compared with other companies there, they had the most energy and enthusiasm to hire and speech with potential employees. The interview was across the street. It was mostly behavior. Overall, it was a great experience and an made an outstanding impression.

Interview Questions

• They asked for my geographical preference.   1 Answer

AI Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Champaign, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Meet and greet with the recruiters the night before the interview for this new division of the company. Single interview asking about past projects and experiences and your roles in those projects.