Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017
1,102 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed through their annual college day event. The entire event was very informative and a lot of fun. It was a set of 2 interviews back to back; one technical and the other behavioral. There was also a problem solving portion to the interview where you were teamed up with other candidates and given a limited amount of time to solve a practical problem. Prior military with security clearance was a big advantage with a company like Northrop

Interview Questions

• Questions about data structures (e.g. linklists, arrays) access time, memory requirements etc.   Answer Question
    • Systems and OS questions about processes, stack, heap, threads etc.   Answer Question
    • Project specific machine learning neural network questions   Answer Question
    • experience using software engineering process models, primarily Agile based.   Answer Question

College TechnicalGlobal Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Spoke to recruiters at career fair as well as info session at my university. Got an email several weeks later inviting me to an on-campus interview the next week. The day prior to the interview, Northrop hosted a pre-interviewer mixer for all the applicants to meet the various hiring managers on campus for the interviewers the next day. This was a two-hour event and was helpful to get to know the interviewers a little better and learn more about Northrop. The interview itself was a panel format, with three managers asking me questions about my resume and some behavioral questions. The interview was very relaxed and interviewers were extremely friendly. Got an email about two weeks later asking me to apply for a specific position/location, then received a call several days later extending an offer.

Global Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Melbourne, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

My interview was done on my college campus with many other students interviewing as well. Northrop had enough employees for the process making it as smooth as possible. The process took about an hour. The whole process is very long though, as everyone is still waiting to hear back over a month later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult employee or situation. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Linux Systems Administrator III/IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Two weeks after I applied, a Northrop recruiter with 'Contr' in their email address (hint hint) requested three pieces of information; interview availability, target salary range and clearance status. I didn't hear a peep after replying. Then, a month later, the same person sent the exact same email requesting that information :-) I replied with the same information, at which point the hiring manager contacted me to set up an interview. The interview itself was conducted very unprofessionally. The hiring manager didn't bother to show up for the group interview, and didn't try to reschedule, so it was up to the admins to run it. The line of questioning was more about them demonstrating how "smart" and "certified" they all are, rather than them trying to find out what I actually knew as a candidate. I was frequently interrupted when explaining my background, and they did most of the talking. Their attitude was completely, 'we're great, you're not', and an outrageous one, given how far behind they are. Although easy, a lot of the questions were poorly presented, and they expected the answers to be textbook verbatim. Just an awful interview all around. No virtualization yet (a standard everywhere else for at least 7 years now), confirmation that it's highly stressful, as well as commuting down to CO Springs more than they were willing to admit; three very big red flags, and most likely not the only ones. The head admin did tell me very specifically, "Please call the manager for any additional questions you may have, since we're not allowed to discuss HR related questions." That ended up being a lie. The manager (who seemed like a joker) didn't bother to return my call with follow-up questions. The lack of professionalism and common courtesy with this particular Northrop interview ended up having a silver lining. It sounded awful. Best of luck to you, Northrop Boulder Linux team. You're going to need it.

Interview Questions

• What command do you use to format a drive in Linux?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Engineers, have a good technical background and show knowledge in Microsoft project. Don’t sell yourself if you aren’t willing to put in the work, they will notice it. You never know if the main boss or manager will be interviewing you.

PC Refresh Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Filled out application. Took about 2-3 weeks to get my application turned into an interview which was 2-3 weeks out. Interview went well; asked standard questions and some more technical questions about software I'd be using. Over all, very professional.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied through school's job board after going to career fair. Was contacted 2 months later with phone interview. Afterward was onsite interview with a couple people. They were all very nice and helped make me feel more comfortable.

Business Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (UCLA, CA).

Interview

Handed in my resume at a career fair event. After about a week got an email to fill out an online application and was called into an interview afterward. The interviewer asked traditional behavioral questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Met an a college career fair, interviewed the next day. Interview was with a single person, who I had spoken to the last day. Half behavioral half technical. Spoke openly about Northrop as a company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2017.

Interview

Had a panel interview with four managers. It was very laidback yet professional. Started out with your initial meet & greet then began with one of the managers describing the company as well as the roles of the position. The entire encounter was a very welcoming experience and I'm very pleased to have been offered an opportunity to join this wonderful team.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you had to handle a difficult situation with a client. how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Is the customer always right?   1 Answer
    • Xbox one or ps4?   Answer Question