Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2017
1,057 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

phone interview, There is not really much more to say. The phone interview was strait forward but since Glassdoor is requiring that I write at least thirty words I am just going to continue writing until I meet the minimum.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within a week from a recruiter. The recruiter referred me to several positions and hiring managers for interviews. One was ultimately scheduled and the process was very simply.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process took five weeks. I was contacted by a recruiter and applied online. After an HR screening, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Everybody was very friendly and professional. After a week I received a call regarding interview results and the offer came two days later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2017.

Interview

Process was very quick and professional, but was not a super personal experience.

I was referred to this position by a current employee, and within two days got an email from an in-house recruiter setting setting up a time for an on-site interview for me at an hiring event the following week.

The interview went very well, I was well prepared (as I am slightly overqualified for this position). It was with two managers for the role I was interviewing for. They were very friendly and personable, and seemed excited to speak to me and about the company in general.

I really like that NG has a lot of room for growth from lower positions and seems to treat employees very well. They also offer great employee benefits, and allow for movement to other locations.

Interview Questions

• How would you change a DC current to an AC current?   Answer Question
    • If you had a circuit with two 1k-Ohm resistors in parallel, what would the equivalent impedance be?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty working with a fellow team member.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through linkedin to attend a hiring event. I was given a time frame of 6 hours and was able to choose an hour slot to attend the event. Once I got the event there were a lot of people there. There were those that were very young and those who were older. There was a big mix of people with different experiences and they tried their best to find you a position where your skills would be used and find everyone a job. I met with two engineering managers and they both had different roles in the company. The main thing they asked were the experiences Ive had, the projects Ive worked on and why I wanted to come work here. Overall it was a great experience, very laid back interview. None of the questions were difficult to answer. It seemed like they wanted to get your personality and see if you would fit in the company, but also they wanted to see if your skills applied, which im sure if you are able to get an interview or invited to a hiring event you should have some type of skills that would fit in their ballpark.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects you've worked on, coding experience, hardware experience, education, what you currently do at your job etc.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

Interview

Employee referral led me to an online application process where I applied to a specific job via job ID number. Received call two days later for a "soft" phone interview. Spoke timelines and numbers. Affirmed my interest in the job. Received offer letter one week later.

Interview Questions

• *The interview was more of a conversation than a simple "Q&A" format often used. I was impressed by the organic feeling of the transaction as the interview was very knowledgeable on all aspects of the job and provided excellent information as well as clarification.   Answer Question

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Rolling Meadows, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewers walked through my resume and asked specific questions about certain topics. They asked about my leadership experiences and times that I faced problems in a group setting. They also asked me a hypothetical question where I had to walk them through how I would solve the problem. The interviewers were respectful even though I struggled through some answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with malfunction in a demonstration for a client?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I went to a conference at Kansas city and got an onsite interview. I had to go through two different interviews. The manager asked me about my programming languages and my skill in these languages. This interview was more focused on the behavioral then technical.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager went through my skills and project. The interview was easy and didn't ask any hard technical question.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2017.

Interview

They covered everything on my resume and asked questions about my specific contributions in my projects. Then they described the roles the thought I would fit well in after going over my resume which took a while. They wanted as much details as possible.

Electrical Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Melbourne, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for a position in Melbourne, FL. The recruiter called me and wanted to setup a video interview. He asked what locations I would consider (they were hiring in Florida, Oklahoma, and California), I told him I was really only interested in Florida. We set up the interview, all went pretty well. No technical questions, only behavioral questions. I felt like I did really well. I was contacted by the recruiter about 10 days later, he said they weren't interested. I asked if he could find out why (just so I would know what I should try to improve on). He came back a few days later and said they weren't hiring in Florida, only Oklahoma and California. I told him I would consider Oklahoma if the offer was right. About a week later I heard back from the recruiter saying they didn't have any positions in Oklahoma available.

It seemed like there was another reason I wasn't considered and they just wouldn't give me the truth. I would rather receive some constructive criticism rather than them beating around the bush about why they weren't offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when/how did you handle a situation   Answer Question