Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.6

Financial Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Thornton, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Very informal interview process. Conversational and not stressful. Interviewers were not well prepared and tended to let the candidate take the lead in the interview. Panel consisted of a hiring manager, a technical lead, and an accounting representative.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

technical panel and managerial panel..very straight forward type of questions...just be yourself and you will do just fine...dress well, wear ties, and talk clearly and precisely...prepare at least 4 questions to ask...look up the company background and their recent contracts

Interview Questions

• basic questions on your resume and technical strengths   1 Answer

College Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out the application online. Three weeks later, got an email inviting me to their hiring event.
    Flew out to the event, where I learned a lot more about the company, toured facilities, and also had a series of three interviews. The process was very relaxed, and the company employees were friendly and open.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in December 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview and the acoustics on their end made it difficult to hear. Otherwise it was standard questions, both technical and behavioral. Asked about experiences that could had to do with job.

Interview Questions

• How would I find the unique numbers in the a Collection of numbers using C++?   1 Answer

RF Sensor Systems Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with 6 different people, individually. Spent about 60-90 minutes with each answering predominantly the same questions. Small tour of the building, lunch provided. Beware that they may ask you for an interview even though they have a candidate chosen already. Apparently, they work under a quota-type system. They'll have you out to the location for almost an entire day and then eliminate you from the candidate pool based on something they've known about for months before the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do here?   1 Answer

RF Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Met in a room with 4 other senior engineers. It's more of a conversation than a Q&A session. They all share experiences, stories, struggles, etc. about work. They ask you about your struggles, your skills, your experience, etc. They also want to know if you will get along with others in the group.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you do when taking a measurement using a network analyzer?   1 Answer

Graphic Artist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Rancho Bernardo, CA).

Interview

- Submitted resume and application
    - Started background investigation and drug screen
    - Interview + Portfolio Presentation in Conference Room to Panel
    - Background confirmation and drug screen complete
    - Company Offers rate / I accepted job offer
    - Orientation to Space Park Redondo Beach (2 days)
    - 1 - 2 months to complete new hire checklist.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had within my career field. How would my experience enhance and help continue the legacy of Northrop Grumman.   1 Answer

College Technical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I interviewed at my college. They asked behavioral questions and what previous work I've done. The interviewer was very nice and it felt like I was having a casual conversation with him. Overall, a good, easy experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very nice people. However... I had multiple phone interviews, each lasting well over an hour. After finally making it to an in-person interview weeks later that lasted for four hours, I thought things were pretty strong in my favor. And yet, after missing work for the interview and spending many, many hours on the phone, it was like I dropped off the planet. I sent a few follow-up emails over the course of the next month, just to see if they had moved on to another applicant, but I received no response. I think that after this much time is spent in an interview process, the least they can do is send me an email saying "no thanks". But then, a month later-- I got another call saying that they would still like to consider me, which was great! After weeks and weeks of just a couple of follow-up emails, I finally got a casual note saying, "I'm sorry, there aren't any positions available right now." I think this is incredibly unprofessional and poor, especially from a company the size of Northrop.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of database systems have you worked with in the past?   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

This was a few years back, but the process was relatively easy. I met with the 2 hiring folks for about an hour. I was given an offer days later. On boarding was a little difficult but considering the employer and business it should be expected.