Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.6

College Technical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I interviewed at my college. They asked behavioral questions and what previous work I've done. The interviewer was very nice and it felt like I was having a casual conversation with him. Overall, a good, easy experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very nice people. However... I had multiple phone interviews, each lasting well over an hour. After finally making it to an in-person interview weeks later that lasted for four hours, I thought things were pretty strong in my favor. And yet, after missing work for the interview and spending many, many hours on the phone, it was like I dropped off the planet. I sent a few follow-up emails over the course of the next month, just to see if they had moved on to another applicant, but I received no response. I think that after this much time is spent in an interview process, the least they can do is send me an email saying "no thanks". But then, a month later-- I got another call saying that they would still like to consider me, which was great! After weeks and weeks of just a couple of follow-up emails, I finally got a casual note saying, "I'm sorry, there aren't any positions available right now." I think this is incredibly unprofessional and poor, especially from a company the size of Northrop.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of database systems have you worked with in the past?   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

This was a few years back, but the process was relatively easy. I met with the 2 hiring folks for about an hour. I was given an offer days later. On boarding was a little difficult but considering the employer and business it should be expected.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen went over a brief explanation about what they did and then asked me some basic questions about myself and my experience.
    The on-site interview was a panel interview with about 5 people. This, also, started with more detail about what they did. Then they asked me some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a pure virtual class / interface.   2 Answers

IT Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (El Segundo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I actually went through the PDP hiring process, but since I wasn't graduating the following year they interviewed me for a summer internship position. They do a security check in the beginning and brief you and the rest of the people on the whole process and the program itself. I interviewed with 4 different groups of people (3 groups of 2 and one guy by himself). The interviews varied from kind of hard to pretty laid back. They seem interested in knowing whether or not you can work in groups or what you would do in situations where you are a team leader. Of course they will ask you about a lot of the stuff that is on your resume. The more projects you have, the better. Also, they provided lunch which wasn't that great but whatever it was free.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (El Segundo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called in to interview at the Talent Lab in El Segundo. I didn't know who I'd be meeting with until I got there and it turned out to be the head of a department that fit well with my background.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Irving, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process similar to most corporations how ever their response time is abysmally slow. How their going to get enough people to staff the programs they are winning is a wonder.

Interview Questions

• Do you know and understand risk management.   1 Answer

International Trade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Required to complete entire employment application prior to interview; interviewed with potential manager. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were consistent with the job description, nothing off the wall. Probably more likely to hire someone at the low end of salary requirements (as is typical with government contractors).

Interview Questions

• Whether I was familiar with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and to what extent.   1 Answer

Processing Technologies/Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Was set up at the university. Came in an sat down. Asked a few question about who I am, what I am looking for and what I want to do in the future.
    Asked me some questions regarding the role and whether I would be able to do function well. Went into the technical details and he tested my competency.
    Role wasnt what I applied to. Somehow their system messed up my application and I was interviewed for a different application and role. But overall was your standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly OOP questions.
      What is a class/object?
      Features of OOP
      Good programming practices and what makes "good code".
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (New York, NY).

Interview

I had expressed interest when they came on campus. Was sent an email to sign up for a one on one 30 minute on campus interview. Only asked behavioral questions.