Northrop Grumman Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Manager Interview Questions

2.7

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me to set up for an interview. There was plenty of time to prepare. Upon arrival, there was along wait to get visitor pass. I was glad that I got there early. The interview was a three persons panel interview, consisting of managers and peers. It was about 1-1/2 hours with several questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Manager Interview

Interview

Met with multiple managers from different levels of the team. At one point an internal customer representative came in to ask some questions. Very professional and made me feel welcomed.

Interview Questions

• A lot of canned HR type questions like Do you feel diversity is important in the work place? How are the opinions of others important to you? There were job specific questions that required me to rely on my knowledge of the position to answer.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2015.

Interview

Exceptionally well organized with prepared questions that allowed us to divert from the subject and provide candid comments. There were three interviewers and I was made to feel very comfortable, although the questions were hard and direct.

Interview Questions

• Discuss an influential leadership style, and how you plan to implement your own form of leadership in this position?   1 Answer

Northrop Grumman Response

Sep 2, 2015 – Talent Community Manager

We are glad to hear you felt comfortable and well-prepared for your interview. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Melbourne, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online, received interview invite, had formal interview. having previously worked there, i know it was very hard to get an interview; I have had dozens of non-Northrop friends tell me they never got a chance to talk to anyone - they couldn't get through HR screening. know people seems to help.

Interview Questions

• discuss experience and describe how much i knew about performing the particular role   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Group Interview - Very good atmosphere - I applied in January and received a call the end of February to schedule interview. I interviewed mid-March. They had some follow up questions the next day. It it now early June and I am still waiting to hear back. Very slow moving process.

Interview Questions

• Normal Interview questions. Greatest strength / weakness. Why do you want to leave your current position. Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Was told I was hired by 3 different people and make arrangements to move to Huntsville. It wasn't until the last minute and a phone call that they brought me in. The process was a cat and mouse game until then. The hiring when it started was quick as was the interview. All very reasonable questions.

Interview Questions

• None. The typical drugs, arrest, travel percentage, education level, skill sets.....   1 Answer

Negotiation

55000 to be evaluated for growth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone screen. Very basic questions surrounding experience as it relates to position. No behavioral or technical questions. The recruiter simply checked to see if I met the basic qualifications for the position and then scheduled a second phone interview with hiring manager \team. I declined the interview because I was not interested in the position after getting further details from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with each aspect of the jobs basic qualifications   1 Answer

I declined because I was not interested in the position.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (El Segundo, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very quick interview process. They try to move quickly, which is great! Lots of consideration to diversity in the hierarchy.

Interview Questions

• Which director's project will you make a priority? (supporting multiple)   1 Answer

Negotiation

short. Won't budge on vacation hour accrual.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

It was done via telephone and e-mail. I submitted a resume and answered some basic questions. I participated in the contract proposal stage before being hired. After the contract was won, I was offered a position, which I accepted. I moved across the country but was offered no moving expenses.

Interview Questions

• How much will it take for you to move to Washington, DC?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2009.

Interview

Great process overall. I was very impressed with the level of professionalism and respect they showed from the first communication. Interviewed initially through a recruiter, lasting about half an hour with a manager from their mission assurance department. I was called to fly on-site for second interview. Accomodations were outstanding and they paid close attention to detail when it came to giving their candidate the royal treatment. Had an idea they wanted me for the position after a full day of interviews. Definitely pays to have interests in common and present a likeable personality. I talked to several managers through the course of approximately 5 hours, including lunch. Great work environment, everyone I met seemed really friendly but most importantly they seemed genuine. I got a great first impression and I'm loving the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an experienced worker who was obstinate and presented an obstacle to progress?   1 Answer