Northrop Grumman Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and subsequently invited to participate in a phone interview with the mechanical engineering manager and senior mechanical engineer. The interview went very well until the senior ME started to ask questions. It was quite obvious he was trying to impress his boss. We went back and forth over a particular design question and lost track of the interview. Some questions that I felt were confidential were discussed in the open with my potential peers.

Interview Questions

• The standard tell me about yourself and some very specific mechanical design questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (El Segundo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called in to interview at the Talent Lab in El Segundo. I didn't know who I'd be meeting with until I got there and it turned out to be the head of a department that fit well with my background.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Got an interview from career fair, I was contacted by NP about a week after the career fair.
    The interview was not to difficult, some technical design questions and some questions about team work and about the project that I worked on.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I gave my resume to a representative at my college's career fair not expecting much. I got a call within a couple days for an on-site interview. The interview lasted 5 hours, consisted of a casual interview (while eating lunch) a tour of the campus, and then one-on-one interviews with three of the managers. Very straight forward questons. Got an offer over the phone within a couple of days.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was laid back, with some usual stereotypical questions, given a scenario, etc. From my perspective it was awesome. Everyone was friendly, and people that work there seem happy. I have not started yet.

My advice would be just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that your team did not agree with you on how to go about something, and how did you approach that?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2010.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral which really helped to streamline the process. Thought the interview went fairly well, interviewed with several managers and found out one didn't think I performed as well as I did, but he preferred to hire from within which was difficult to overcome. Best question I asked him was: What do you want to see out of someone who ultimately takes this position? Ended up securing the position by winning over the other team members and managers.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok working with highly flammable and toxic chemicals - if so, how would you handle situations in which something occurred?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - it was take it or leave it.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2009.

Interview

The interview process is very tedious and long. I like how the recruiters let multiple hiring managers know you're qualified for a specific position.