Northrop Grumman Professional Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Professional Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and had an interview the next day. Spoke to another recruiter and interviewed by phone five months later. Was offered the position the next day and given 30 days to decide.

Interview Questions

• Talk about things on your resume and are you familiar with certain techniques   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied in January, first phone interview in February, second phone interview in March, offer in April. I felt like I had to constantly email or call the recruiter in order to get things moving. I felt detached from the whole process and never once met anyone I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in five years, how do you deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Professional Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

It was a nice and laid back process. Several one on one interviews with HR and then a panel with engineering managers. Basic behavioral questions, didn't get into anything technical. You don't have to know a lot about the company, but at least know why you want to work there and what you can offer to them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

The entire interview took about 6 hours. I met with 5 different managers, as the program I interviewed for could potentially put me under 3 of them. Questions ranged from generic to interesting. One manager was more interested in my skills, one more interested in my resume, another more interested in my educational and lifestyle background. Overall I had a very positive experience during and after the actual interview but was extremely disappointed when I did not hear back from them (when I was told that I would be notified either way at the end of the month.) I tried e-mailing HR 2-3 times without receiving a reply.

Interview Questions

• Do you find you have a good balance between your work and social life?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you have regarding Excel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD) in November 2007.

Interview

Please Note - This is the normal hiring process for the Professional Development Program, not necessarily for "direct hires".
    I initially interviewed at my college with a business manager who is responsible for hiring PDP's and interns. Approximately two weeks later I received an invitation to the College Center, which is the PDP interview/screening process at the Linthicum office.
    Day 1: Candidates are invited to stay at the Embassy Suites and Northrop organizes a dinner the night before the interviews.
    Day 2: I had four 1-on-1 interviews with business managers, a tour of the Linthicum offices and attended a couple of information sessions. (Breakfast and lunch are provided.) Approximately one month later I received an offer package by e-mail, which included the salary offer, benefits package, relocation expenses and drug test info. (Offers are pending upon the results of the drug test.)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's very little room to negotiate your PDP starting salary. And no, your salary does not increase when you "go permanent".