Northrop Grumman Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The selection processes may differ from position-to-position, but seemed designed to effectively match an individual’s knowledge, skills, interests, and experiences to those needed for this position. We discussed my qualifications and previous experiences in person. Then the Hiring Manager and Human Resource Team made a decision for the position.

Interview Questions

• To share an example or specific situation with them that I’ve encountered and dealt with in the past pertaining to confronting an error omitted by another employee.   1 Answer

Northrop Grumman Response

Nov 12, 2015 – Talent Community Manager

Thanks for leaving a review!

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Falls Church, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Met with three managers associated with the program and discussed the existing program, opportunities to improve the program and how my past experience would help make those improvements. There was a discussion about the changes the organization was planning and what that would mean to the position for which I was interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Dayton, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews on multiple occasions. Interview process was professional and courteous. Part of the process was giving a presentation on a topic of my choosing to the management and staff teams.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for a new position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Rolling Meadows, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial Interview, Panel Interview. Poor coordination and communication throughout the process. Panel Interview consists of 4-7 interviewers, including the hiring manager, other members of the department, as well as Diverse members of other departments.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, but they will ask in-depth questions about how you would perform in the new job roll, including laying out specific scenarios.   Answer Question

Poor communication/incompatibility with hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Chantilly, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

The process started out with a phone interview with talent acquisition. She gathered basics on salary requirements, what I was looking for as far as the position goes, verified my employment history, etc. A week later, I had a group interview with the hiring manager, engineering manager and business development lead. This consisted of questions related to my resume, how I would handle certain situations at work, my experience in SW development, change management and project management, etc. I was able to ask a lot of questions about the position as well. After that interview, I was asked to come back the following week to meet with the customer. That was more of a meet and greet than an interview. After that, I was asked to come back in a third time to meet with the Director (who was in vacation during the previous two times I was on site). Two days later, I was offered the position at my requested salary.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience as a project manager for a large scale IT project?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle implementing change within an organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me the salary I requested so there was no need to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

One on One with multiple Directors and Program Managers

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

Slow process, HR didn't seem to be very organized. Interviewed with three people: Business Area Director, Program Manager in Business Area, and HR. Behavioral Interviews were all very relaxed and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all straightforward, however my work experience directly matched what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard, they made an offer and I pushed back a little on salary. They offered a small bump to satisfy me, I took the job anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Reston, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

The process was relatively easy. I interviewed for a job a I know well. It was time consuming and tedious. I had the phone screening, one on one and the panel interview. I'm an experienced Program Manager so it was hard for them to come up with something I couldn't deal with. Advice do your research in advance. Know the contract.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if the customer asked me to hire his wife.   1 Answer
    • What would I do if I found out one of my managers had been advising employees to use the wrong charge code.   3 Answers

They told me previously I could work closer to D.C. but that changed. I didn't want the long commute

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Herndon, VA) in March 2009.

Interview

Hiring process went fairly quickly and without hiccups. The Recruiting Manager in Atlanta; however, was extremely ineffective, and lacked visible skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Woodland Hills, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Approximately four 1:1 interviews with various managers. Good leadership / management team. Excellent literature describing division / products. Were able to make a hiring decision quickly. Interview occurred because they were looking to expand program management capabilities. Technology / science intensive company - suitable for those with strong technical background, even for jobs on the business side.