Northrop Grumman Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The recruiting process was very disorganized. The recruiter did not give me much information prior to the interview. The recruiters never followed up after the interview. It seemed like there was a disconnect between the recruiter and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions, such as tell me about a time you worked cross functionally or as a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview and the hiring manager reviewed my resume line by line and asked me some questions about the company. Some behavioral questions were asked nothing too difficult.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I received a phone call from the HR department and scheduled an interview after applying 1 week earlier. The interview wen very well with a total of 10 behavioral questions and other questions regarding my past experiences and education. Very comfortable and smooth interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about specific inventory control.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

My interview lasted 2.5 hours and included a tour. I was interviewed by the supervisor of the position and the Facility Director. I heard about all the current projects and future planned projects. They were very pleasant and easy to talk to. They asked about my experience then I asked them specifics about their internal process.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really stumped with anything that was surprising.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Went through an email prescreen where I typed up answers to basic questions. The overall interview consisted of me sitting down with 4 employees who went around and asked me several questions. They asked what I knew about the company and how I had handled different types of situations in the past (like handling an issue working in a team). They also asked me my strengths and weaknesses. It was a basic, fair interview.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Straight-forward, two-person panel interveiw using a checklist.
    I was unable to answer one question rearding how the company specifically performed an industry-wide practice.
    My resume referenced plenty of related experience, so the off-script questions were mostly about my personality.
    They didn't tip their hand as to how I did, or how competetive the opening was.
    Both panelists were professional and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

two phone interviews, then an email questionaire, then put in front of customer, almost no support with how to handle the customer, no interaction with hiring manager despite several attempts which seemed to be a bother. meeting with customer was a disaster because of the lack of preparation by NG hiring manager. questions were all softball even though position was highly technical.

Interview Questions

• why were you let go after 24 years of top performance?   1 Answer

I didn't want to go thru another lay off experience like the other one

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Springfield, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview scheduling was fast (1 week) I was notified 3 days after the interview that they were considering an offer. 10 days later, I was given the official offer letter. The company has excellent HR and recruiting staff that guided me throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• All questions were about previous experiences and management methods I had used.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was good. Did not negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

You will be heavely screened by their HR department, If you actually make it to an interview you have a very good shot of getting a job. They screen candidates so heavely before they actually see the hiring manager that the candidates they send forward are more than likely going to get selected for something. I interviewed one time with a group of people and I was offered a postion the same day.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what you did in the Army that can translate to what you can do for me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They really didnt negotiate, they have so many people that apply if you turn it down they just move onto the next person.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Atlanta, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy and in line with what most companies have today. I met with the hiring manager who asked several questions relating to my experience and project management tools I have used.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience I had as a Project Manager. Was I knowledgeable of Microsoft Project.   1 Answer