Northrop Grumman Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was e-mailed 2 weeks later with a set of screening questions (rather than a phone call). 2 weeks later, I was called for an on-site interview that lasted about 3 hours with the quality manager and 2 quality engineers. It was mostly non-technical, with a couple of very basic technical questions (nothing I would stress over). The interviewer (the manager) was pretty unprofessional, constantly bad-mouthing the organization, and laughing at some of my answers with very "smart alec" sarcastic comments about how that wouldn't work. I found it to be in pretty poor taste.

Said they would let me know within 2 weeks, got an email 5 weeks later saying I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• If you're working on a project with someone, and they absolutely will not budge on their idea even if you are very opposed to it, what would you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks to get the on site interview. The simple were simple and straight forward behavioral questions. If you are confident about every aspect of content in your resume you should be good to go.The interviewer had a list of questions and jot down notes from my responses. You will also be given an opportunity to ask him questions, so prepare at least three good questions.

Interview Questions

Northrop Grumman Response

Sep 2, 2015 – Talent Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your interview experience and advice to other job seekers!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was really smooth and the interview went well. They made me feel very comfortable which made the rest of the process easy. I was brought in to interview with 3 separate people, one after the other, once done they would walk you to the next person. The first interviewer would check back on you to take you to the next person and then explain how they operate.

Quality Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 hiring managers from different programs. Two were present in person and one was on speaker phone from a remote location. Asked the basic interview questions and some job specific questions. Atmosphere was formal but not too stuffy and questions were more character based rather than technical in nature.

Interview Questions

• What traits/skills do you possess that allow you to perform separate tasks for various job functions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Saint Augustine, FL) in July 2009.

Interview

When I was first hired, they asked a lot of questions about my experience in the military. It wasn't a stressful interview or one with canned questions - they were very personable. When they asked questions, they were happy to clarify the type of answer they were looking for. When I later changed positions, the interviews were pretty informal and essentially just a "check in the box for HR".

Interview Questions

• They were looking for a skill set that I had in college, but not one that I had used in industry. The question was "Have you ever modeled a process via simulation? If so, what software platform did you use?"   3 Answers

Negotiation

I had been out of college for over 2 years - at the time, 3 years was the cutoff for being considered a college hire. The good thing was that a department requisition was not required. The bad thing was that the offer was non-negotiable (but it wasn't bad).