Northrop Grumman Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online, was then invited to attend their recruitment day in San Diego office. They basically showed me around their facilities, showed me presentations about their company history, and conducted a small interview with a member of their engineering team.

Interview Questions

• How confident do you feel in your software engineering and machine learning experience.   1 Answer

Program Cost Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was quite pleasant. I interviewed one on one with a member of the Project Cost team. They focused on the technical aspects of the position and questioned my knowledge of metrics that are fundamental to the job description.

All in all it was a great experience.

It has been several weeks (8) since I have heard back from the hiring manager, although my profile indicates "Under Consideration" on the NGC Career Website.

From start to finish, I imagine this process will be around 3-4 months, possibly longer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and subsequently invited to participate in a phone interview with the mechanical engineering manager and senior mechanical engineer. The interview went very well until the senior ME started to ask questions. It was quite obvious he was trying to impress his boss. We went back and forth over a particular design question and lost track of the interview. Some questions that I felt were confidential were discussed in the open with my potential peers.

Interview Questions

• The standard tell me about yourself and some very specific mechanical design questions.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Up to seven questions to describe different situations: ethics, problem employee, solve difficult problem.
    Asked to explain what specific experience I had so I could be productive.
    The hiring manager explained the job and the requirements.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your education and experience which prepared you for this position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

This was a HackerX thing -- speed dating with this company and 7 others. This would have been preliminary to a more extensive interview. I did it mostly out of curiosity -- I had worked in aerospace and wondered what had changed. (Not anything as far as I could tell.) The jobs were all for developers working on or in support of jet fighter avionics.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

technical panel and managerial panel..very straight forward type of questions...just be yourself and you will do just fine...dress well, wear ties, and talk clearly and precisely...prepare at least 4 questions to ask...look up the company background and their recent contracts

Interview Questions

• basic questions on your resume and technical strengths   1 Answer

RF Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Met in a room with 4 other senior engineers. It's more of a conversation than a Q&A session. They all share experiences, stories, struggles, etc. about work. They ask you about your struggles, your skills, your experience, etc. They also want to know if you will get along with others in the group.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you do when taking a measurement using a network analyzer?   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

This was a few years back, but the process was relatively easy. I met with the 2 hiring folks for about an hour. I was given an offer days later. On boarding was a little difficult but considering the employer and business it should be expected.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Rude interviewer. Tried to play the intimidating card. First question: What my old manager would say about me if he was to call. "Well I was up for promotion when I was laid off"... what else is there to say, if you want to know more about how my previous coworkers judged my work performance, call them yourself, I'll supply the numbers. Complete waste of my time. How about you call him for yourself buddy.. BEFORE THE INTERVIEW. NO TIME FOR GAMES HERE. If you want time out of my life working for you, how about some respect.

Interview Questions

• How would your coworkers describe your work performance?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview in the school. Day of they were interviewing a bunch of ucsd students. Some students had multiple interviews but I only had one. They were interested in me bc of my environmental engineering background for a job.