Northrop Grumman Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Software Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.4

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job on their career section of their website and got a call a couple weeks later from a recruiter, which included a couple of screening questions. I was then scheduled for an onsite interview a couple weeks later. The interview was very pleasant and the managers didn't grill on you much expect some basic programming concepts (oop) and some questions on your listed experience. All in all it was a great process. I got an offer the week after the interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Haven't gotten to the negotiation phase yet

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Omaha, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

I initially had a virtual meeting with a recruiter.
    I received an e-mail inviting me to a hiring event.
    At the hiring event I met with two different interview teams and then had a networking session.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a project that you are proud of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Aurora, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

No technical questions, mainly past work and behavioral situation questions. Two groups of two people each. All interviewers were actual engineers or at least managers of a team of engineers.

Interview Questions

• What bad thing are you teammates saying about you right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Met with three two managers and two software engineers. Really pleasant experience, they were mostly interested about my experiences in undergrad, and the courses I took. Asked a few technical questions that were out of the scope of my education such as the software life cycle, but I prepared for these questions ahead of time and nailed them.

Interview Questions

• Write out the code for the Fizz Buzz puzzle in Python or C   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email two days after my application for an in-person interview. The interview consisted of four Northrop Grumman engineers who probed my knowledge and experience with the development process. Questions were more geared towards handling development in a team environment rather than personal programming knowledge (and rightfully so).

The interview clocked in at just under an hour. Be prepared to discuss and elaborate on specific experiences as you have listed on your resume. If you have experience through internships or college projects, refresh your memory on specific techniques that you utilized.

Interview Questions

• We've all dealt with problematic team members, be it in school or work life. How would/have you go/gone about dealing with a team member who does not seem to be pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

They contacted me via email and asked me to come in for an interview in a day or two. It was really comfortable, lasted about an hour. They just asked about my past experience. Told me they would let me know if I need to come back for a second interview. That was over a month ago and still no response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school's career fair. They contacted me for an onsite interview. Very professional about communicating the process.

The interview itself was great. They were very friendly and allowed the interviewees time to socialize and relax beforehand with refreshments.

I ended up choosing another company that more closely matched my career goals, but the whole process with Northrop has left me with a very positive impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational (ex: how would you handle X situation)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview with managers. 4 face to face interviews total. Mostly technical questions, some behavioral questions. Had to draw up a binary tree which was easy. Overall pretty difficult technical questions.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied online through the job site and was contacted by HR requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was brief (~30min), and a couple weeks later was followed by an on-site panel interview (also short, ~1 hour). The whole process was very quick, and actually pretty laid back. I wouldn't describe any part of the process as stressful.

Interview Questions

• Recent grad so I was asked about my favorite class and experience   Answer Question

Northrop Grumman Response

Sep 2, 2015 – Talent Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear it went well!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First a call, discussing your prior experience, interests, projects, etc.
    Then they fly you out for a stay (if you're not local) and interview you more in depth on the same criteria mentioned above.
    Personality and group based questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were:
      1. How to split an 8-bit integer into two 4 bits. (Data structure).
      2. What is wrong with this for loop question.
      Answer Question