Northrop Grumman Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with their software department. It was a straightforward behavioral interview that had no technical component. Mostly questions about how I would react in different settings.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a team where someone did not do their part? How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

This was a HackerX thing -- speed dating with this company and 7 others. This would have been preliminary to a more extensive interview. I did it mostly out of curiosity -- I had worked in aerospace and wondered what had changed. (Not anything as far as I could tell.) The jobs were all for developers working on or in support of jet fighter avionics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen went over a brief explanation about what they did and then asked me some basic questions about myself and my experience.
    The on-site interview was a panel interview with about 5 people. This, also, started with more detail about what they did. Then they asked me some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a pure virtual class / interface.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (New York, NY).

Interview

I had expressed interest when they came on campus. Was sent an email to sign up for a one on one 30 minute on campus interview. Only asked behavioral questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2016.

Interview

They asked general security related questions then four behavioral questions. After that I had to ask questions (they didn't ask about my resume at all). There were two interviewers and it lasted maybe 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had an unpopular opinion, yet believed it was the right thing, what actions did you take to convince others about the opinion   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the interview after applying online after talking to the recruiter at a career fair. He told me that he will flag my resume and shortly after two interviews were set up - one for Systems Engineering and the other for software. None of them had technical questions. They only asked behavorial questions. Haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe an occasion when someone on your team was not doing the work they were supposed to do and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2016.

Interview

I got an on the spot interview at a STEM conference and enemy one was really nice they were extremely organized. Although it was a conference they had booths to interview people one on one

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my contact and increase salary. It was great the stuff and staffing companies and patterns are extremely helpful.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Melbourne, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Got the interview by submitting my resume through my schools career department. They had a day of on campus interviews. I had an interview with the Software Engineering department . The interview atmosphere was easy going and did not require any coding demonstrations. Just simple programming questions and questions about school projects as well as behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview asking about personal projects, with a few technical questions at the end. Started with some icebreaker-type questions; what is your favorite programming language, what experiences do you have, etc. Transitioned to some technical questions, and then ended with a long speech about the benefits and positive things about working for Northrop Grumman.

Interview Questions

• What would be your process in fixing an error where you couldn't load an internet page? What are some possible causes?   Answer Question
    • How would you debug a "low memory" error in a program you wrote? What could cause this?   Answer Question

Pay was extremely low, almost half of other companies I had interviewed with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Woodbridge, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted at a Starbuck's café. The interviewer talked about the company. And then proceeded to talk about the contract and what was required on the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background.   1 Answer