Northrop Grumman Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

2.4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple, It is okay if you do not know everything. I know sometimes you get nervous about the things they might ask during the interview, but just relax and say what you know. Usually they just want to know your thought process.

Interview Questions

• Real time operating systems, assembly, and some techniques in C++ and C   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD).

Interview

I was hired into the Professional Development Program which is a rotational program for new graduates. I had a pre-screen interview at my college campus in Pittsburgh and flew to Baltimore for more interviews before I was extended an offer. My understanding is that the hiring process has changed to lower the barriers for consideration.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about Real Time Operating Systems.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I went to a conference at Kansas city and got an onsite interview. I had to go through two different interviews. The manager asked me about my programming languages and my skill in these languages. This interview was more focused on the behavioral then technical.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager went through my skills and project. The interview was easy and didn't ask any hard technical question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I found the position online and applied and the same day I received a call from a recruiter. She asked me basic questions about my resume then she told me that they wanted to bring me in for an interview. She gave me the date with was a hiring event so their were many people interviewing as well. It was a big hall with about 25 tables and each table had a hiring manager. I was assigned to the table and went and talked with the manager for half an hour. The man was really nice, asked a lot of behavioral questions. I left and the recruiter emailed me 3 days letter saying I didnt get the job.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I gave my resume to an engineer at an on-campus career fair. Received an on-site interview a few weeks later. The process was relaxed, with many other students interviewing on that day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with their software department. It was a straightforward behavioral interview that had no technical component. Mostly questions about how I would react in different settings.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a team where someone did not do their part? How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

This was a HackerX thing -- speed dating with this company and 7 others. This would have been preliminary to a more extensive interview. I did it mostly out of curiosity -- I had worked in aerospace and wondered what had changed. (Not anything as far as I could tell.) The jobs were all for developers working on or in support of jet fighter avionics.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in December 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview and the acoustics on their end made it difficult to hear. Otherwise it was standard questions, both technical and behavioral. Asked about experiences that could had to do with job.

Interview Questions

• How would I find the unique numbers in the a Collection of numbers using C++?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen went over a brief explanation about what they did and then asked me some basic questions about myself and my experience.
    The on-site interview was a panel interview with about 5 people. This, also, started with more detail about what they did. Then they asked me some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a pure virtual class / interface.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (New York, NY).

Interview

I had expressed interest when they came on campus. Was sent an email to sign up for a one on one 30 minute on campus interview. Only asked behavioral questions.