Northrop Grumman Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.3

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied through school's job board after going to career fair. Was contacted 2 months later with phone interview. Afterward was onsite interview with a couple people. They were all very nice and helped make me feel more comfortable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Was found on LinkedIn and flown out to interview at Lithicum Heights Maryland to interview for a beginner friendly Software Engineer lvl2-3 job. Interview talked about past experiences from jobs, concepts from operating systems course, and difference between an array and linked list. Was also asked the question on what is OO programming. No whiteboard or code writing necessary. No behavioral questions; purely technical high- level questions. Interview was laid back and insightful about the company.

Interview Questions

• What con of a linked list vs an array would there be if we had to access a value in a linked list vs a known position in an array.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I attended a recruiting event, got an interview at my school and interviewed with an engineer, and received an offer in the next few weeks.
    The recruiters and interviewers were all very nice.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Mostly behavioral. They are looking for people who can learn and who can work well in a team. The person was very nice. Everyone in that company is nice. Aerospace feel.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple, It is okay if you do not know everything. I know sometimes you get nervous about the things they might ask during the interview, but just relax and say what you know. Usually they just want to know your thought process.

Interview Questions

• Real time operating systems, assembly, and some techniques in C++ and C   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I went to a conference at Kansas city and got an onsite interview. I had to go through two different interviews. The manager asked me about my programming languages and my skill in these languages. This interview was more focused on the behavioral then technical.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager went through my skills and project. The interview was easy and didn't ask any hard technical question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD).

Interview

I was hired into the Professional Development Program which is a rotational program for new graduates. I had a pre-screen interview at my college campus in Pittsburgh and flew to Baltimore for more interviews before I was extended an offer. My understanding is that the hiring process has changed to lower the barriers for consideration.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about Real Time Operating Systems.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I found the position online and applied and the same day I received a call from a recruiter. She asked me basic questions about my resume then she told me that they wanted to bring me in for an interview. She gave me the date with was a hiring event so their were many people interviewing as well. It was a big hall with about 25 tables and each table had a hiring manager. I was assigned to the table and went and talked with the manager for half an hour. The man was really nice, asked a lot of behavioral questions. I left and the recruiter emailed me 3 days letter saying I didnt get the job.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I gave my resume to an engineer at an on-campus career fair. Received an on-site interview a few weeks later. The process was relaxed, with many other students interviewing on that day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with their software department. It was a straightforward behavioral interview that had no technical component. Mostly questions about how I would react in different settings.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a team where someone did not do their part? How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question