Northrop Grumman Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.3

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Interviewed at an On-Campus site after talking to recruiters during a meet & greet. One interview, took about 30 minutes, talked to 3 total employees and was only given basic STAR questions because they were rushed for time.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you had to go out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager was chill. Asked basic behavioral questions. Did not touch on any technical questions at all. Asked questioned solely on my resume. Interview lasted about half an hour followed by a couple months of following up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Azusa, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through a referral link and was given an interview slot on my college campus, where I met with one of the hiring managers for the Azusa office. All of the questions were behavioral, not really going into any technical detail besides discussing technologies that would be useful to learn, such as Matlab. We went over my past experience, then talked about the professional development program (PDP). He asked why my GPA was low, but I was able to provide reasons why (having two jobs at the same time as school full-time) and show an upward trend in GPA every quarter since my freshman year, which he liked. At the end of the interview, he said he would recommend me for a position, given there were spots. Recruiter called soon after with a verbal offer, then written offer the week after.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Applied through school's job board after going to career fair. Was contacted 2 months later with phone interview. Afterward was onsite interview with a couple people. They were all very nice and helped make me feel more comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Met an a college career fair, interviewed the next day. Interview was with a single person, who I had spoken to the last day. Half behavioral half technical. Spoke openly about Northrop as a company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Was found on LinkedIn and flown out to interview at Lithicum Heights Maryland to interview for a beginner friendly Software Engineer lvl2-3 job. Interview talked about past experiences from jobs, concepts from operating systems course, and difference between an array and linked list. Was also asked the question on what is OO programming. No whiteboard or code writing necessary. No behavioral questions; purely technical high- level questions. Interview was laid back and insightful about the company.

Interview Questions

• What con of a linked list vs an array would there be if we had to access a value in a linked list vs a known position in an array.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I attended a recruiting event, got an interview at my school and interviewed with an engineer, and received an offer in the next few weeks.
    The recruiters and interviewers were all very nice.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Mostly behavioral. They are looking for people who can learn and who can work well in a team. The person was very nice. Everyone in that company is nice. Aerospace feel.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple, It is okay if you do not know everything. I know sometimes you get nervous about the things they might ask during the interview, but just relax and say what you know. Usually they just want to know your thought process.

Interview Questions

• Real time operating systems, assembly, and some techniques in C++ and C   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I went to a conference at Kansas city and got an onsite interview. I had to go through two different interviews. The manager asked me about my programming languages and my skill in these languages. This interview was more focused on the behavioral then technical.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager went through my skills and project. The interview was easy and didn't ask any hard technical question.   Answer Question