Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer III Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Ogden, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview comprised of three personnel--two from the department where the job vacancy exists and the other was a HR representative. Half of the interview was basic questions regarding qualifications and the other was dedicated to describing the job and answering my questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do I have that would be a benefit given this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Huntsville, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

I received an email from glassdoor about possible matches. I applied to the job and was informed by the recruiter that it was for a position under my pay grade. I then applied for a position slightly higher and was told that a position was opening at my position. I then set up the interview for the following week.

Interview Questions

• What led me to where I am today? What are my career goals? Do I work well in groups and/or individually?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Huntsville, AL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after a couple of weeks I was contacted. A phone interview was set up for one week later. That interview has taken place I will have a second interview scheduled in the near future.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was out of state, so the first interview was over the phone. This went well, there were about 4 people questioning me though. After the initial phone interview I was invited out to meet the team and tour the facility. There was another informal interview when I was asked about handling specific scenarios that could occur day to day.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the team? What are your biggest challenges in your current role? Tell me about a time you were faced with a specific challenge and how you overcame that challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Asked about previous experience, why I wanted to leave my old job, etc. No real technical "challenge" questions. If you have ever interviewed for a position with a defense contractor before, it is very much the same.

Systems Engineer III Interview

Interview

They were only interested in five schools nationwide. It was incredibly important to show up to their meeting at the career fair. I was surprised by the job opportunity. I'd never considered going in this direction previously, but at their meeting I was convinced to pursue further. The interview process consisted of one interview on campus the next day, followed by a 2nd interview on the phone, and finally a 3rd interview on site. They flew me out for the final interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible w.r.t. total compensation.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Sacramento, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was made aware of a job opportunity through a former member of my research group reaching out to my advisor at school to solicit applications. After a brief phone interview, they brought me on site the following week. That interview was with many people for 20-30 minutes each, 1 HR person, 4-5 engineers, 2 managers (boss and boss's boss). No hard technical questions, but a few from the engineers. Overall people were friendly and helpful. Got an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Asked about ambiguities on antenna arrays (interviewing for a radar group).   Answer Question

Negotiation

They opened up a level III position because of my (pending) Ph.D. I also got a $5000 signing bonus, without asking.