Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview in the school. Day of they were interviewing a bunch of ucsd students. Some students had multiple interviews but I only had one. They were interested in me bc of my environmental engineering background for a job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I submitted resume online, received a phone call inviting me for an onsite interview. It turned out that I was one of the hundreds of new grads who got invited. The interview took place in a hotel conference room, where there are many hiring teams. I was given a list of the hiring teams that would like to talk to me. I followed the list, talked to each one of the hiring team for about 45 mins. Very nice people, all of them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very good, they asked several questions regarding the resume and asked for your weaknesses. Overall was a very nice interview and they were very nice about it. Northrop employers were very respectable

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. A few weeks later I got an email from a recruiter with some follow-up questions. The recruiter replied saying they were interested. Set up an interview. There were about 4 interviewers. They asked me typical behavioral questions; Name a time when you had a conflict in the workplace, why do you want to work at NG, etc. Then they asked few technical questions; stuff about the layers in the OSI model, some RF stuff, and some Linux command questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the layers in the OSI model? Which layer are routers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

i contacted a recruiter and then was contacted by talent asking me to apply for the position. I did and set up an interview the next week. There were 4 total people. They asked questions about my background and a little bit about the OSI model. Also, my comms experiences. It went pretty well. The recruiter contacted me the next week letting me know they liked me, but would like to consider me for a level 1 not a level 2. This is because I did not have as much linux experience as they would of hoped. It has been about a month and I was just emailed about sending in some forms of my military experience. I am not sure what this means, but I can not say it isn't, at the least, somewhat positive.

Interview Questions

• How do you troubleshoot comms systems   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Set up via HR recruiter. Interview was phone interview via two person panel. Questions centered around previous experience, education, and skills. The entire process from beginning to end took two to three weeks.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Relatively hard, was given a test by the customer (contract) and watched as I filled out the answers; then had to discuss these questions with them. Nerve-racking, but probably shouldn't have been...

Interview Questions

• If an admin can get into the server, but regular users are unable to log in, what is the issue?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was given a very low-balled salary and then made to feel awful about it. My immediate manager referred to me as "what northrop was willing to pay for" and I've never been so disrespected in my entire life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

There were 4 interviews, the first two were 15 mins long and the next two were 30 mins long. It started off easy, and it gets harder and harder as you talk to the next interview

Interview Questions

• Just over past projects so know your resume and can explain it. What your biggest failure? What's your leadership style? What would you do differently? They also asked you to look at a chart and explain what you think it is.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

It was all very professional and polished. Even though I literally knew I had the job, the HR recruiter, hiring manager, team lead, program manager and a couple of others still interviewed me and actually gave me a small written test on my Linux skills during the interview. They never gave away that I was a shoe-in for the job during any formal communications, and were very professional during the salary negotiation. I had one phone interview, then they flew me out for an in-person 4-hour interview with lunch at the location where I would be working.
    The first interview was the HR part, so he asked questions to see how I viewed my strengths and weaknesses and other questions related to working as a member of a team.
    The second interview was the technical part including the pop-quiz they told me I didn't have to take. I got the few pages done in 15 minutes and moved on.
    The third interview included a team lead from a different area whose sole stated purpose was to figure if my personality would fit with the other teams and team members. Then lunch. The interviewers met up later that day to review as a group and then shot an offer to me within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a personal conflict you had with another employee and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short, not a lot of wiggle room, I was able to get a small sign-on bonus that they did not initially offer.

Systems Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, not located at hiring site and not asked to interview in person. Informal panel of hiring managers all within systems engineering, they ultimately selecting what group I was being hired into.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult personality on your team.   Answer Question