Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.7

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2017.

Interview

Quick process. Panel interview of 3 hiring managers. It was very relaxed and inviting. Talked about experiences and future goals. Was placed using my personal preferences.

Everything is electronic so it goes pretty smoothly. If you ever worked on a contract, have your legal opinion when you have your interview to reduce the wait time after the offer is sent out.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

It was the single worst experience of my life interviewing with them. I started the application back in November, don't hear back but attend a live in person conference in February. There I was granted an in person interview where I impressed the manager there and he recommended me to the mission sector team. I don't hear back for another six weeks in march. Where they had me attend their virtual career fair where I had to wait in queue for one hour each to talk to two recruiters and HR. We were only granted 10 minutes each but I made the best of my situation and impressed the two there as well. They tend have me attend another interview event in Baltimore relating to a group interview panel. The entire interview took 6.5 hours and the recruiters there invited me to a software engineer interview, a position I was never qualified for or had any chance of succeeding. The worst part is they call out everyone at the event they wanted to hire one by one and tell them they are writing the offer letter as they speak and left the rejects in an isolated room. The recruiters there lied to my face, knew I didn't get the offer, and isolated me from the rest of my group in a dark corner because the hiring managers decided I wasn't qualified for a position I never applied for. They then wasted even more of my time by forcing me to wait for everyone else who got their offers to leave before I was let out of my corner to finally go home as if it wasn't bad enough I didn't get the offer but they had to waste even more of my time by making me the literal last person to leave the hotel. And to make matters more convoluted, they post three new model based/architecture systems engineer positions that I was qualified for the night before the interview but never granted me a chance to interview for that area of specialty. Before this interview process I looked up and idolized Northrop Grumman as one of my goal and dream jobs and they repaid me by stringing me along, giving me false hope, lying to me, isolating me, and effectively screwing me out of a job I was qualified for by posting the jobs right before my interview. This entire process took 6 months and I came out of it looking like a chump and absolutely worthless. If they want you for the job, they will bend over backwards to get you an interview but if they don't want you they will essentially treat you like trash. I have never lost so much respect for a company I used to admire and look up to as much as Northrop Grumman and never been treated so poorly during an interview I almost wanted to cry.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Great experience! Was contacted for a recruiter, and he set me up with an interview with a hiring manager within two days. Almost two weeks later received the offer. Everyone was very cordial and polite. Very enjoyable conversations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview in the school. Day of they were interviewing a bunch of ucsd students. Some students had multiple interviews but I only had one. They were interested in me bc of my environmental engineering background for a job.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I submitted resume online, received a phone call inviting me for an onsite interview. It turned out that I was one of the hundreds of new grads who got invited. The interview took place in a hotel conference room, where there are many hiring teams. I was given a list of the hiring teams that would like to talk to me. I followed the list, talked to each one of the hiring team for about 45 mins. Very nice people, all of them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very good, they asked several questions regarding the resume and asked for your weaknesses. Overall was a very nice interview and they were very nice about it. Northrop employers were very respectable

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. A few weeks later I got an email from a recruiter with some follow-up questions. The recruiter replied saying they were interested. Set up an interview. There were about 4 interviewers. They asked me typical behavioral questions; Name a time when you had a conflict in the workplace, why do you want to work at NG, etc. Then they asked few technical questions; stuff about the layers in the OSI model, some RF stuff, and some Linux command questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the layers in the OSI model? Which layer are routers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

i contacted a recruiter and then was contacted by talent asking me to apply for the position. I did and set up an interview the next week. There were 4 total people. They asked questions about my background and a little bit about the OSI model. Also, my comms experiences. It went pretty well. The recruiter contacted me the next week letting me know they liked me, but would like to consider me for a level 1 not a level 2. This is because I did not have as much linux experience as they would of hoped. It has been about a month and I was just emailed about sending in some forms of my military experience. I am not sure what this means, but I can not say it isn't, at the least, somewhat positive.

Interview Questions

• How do you troubleshoot comms systems   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Set up via HR recruiter. Interview was phone interview via two person panel. Questions centered around previous experience, education, and skills. The entire process from beginning to end took two to three weeks.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Relatively hard, was given a test by the customer (contract) and watched as I filled out the answers; then had to discuss these questions with them. Nerve-racking, but probably shouldn't have been...

Interview Questions

• If an admin can get into the server, but regular users are unable to log in, what is the issue?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was given a very low-balled salary and then made to feel awful about it. My immediate manager referred to me as "what northrop was willing to pay for" and I've never been so disrespected in my entire life.