Northrop Grumman Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.5

Busniss Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

it was in career event in DC>.
    When you arrive, you will meet your selection board (usually two or three people, including the supervisor of the position and a representative of Human Resources). The team leader will tell you what to expect, and will explain that the board will be recording your answers for later review. Don't let this recording process distract you—it’s a normal part of the interview and necessary to make a complete assessment later on.

The board will then begin asking you a series of questions to assess your knowledge, abilities and personal suitability. These may include:

Closed questions that demonstrate your knowledge by requiring a specific factual answer.
    Open-ended questions that are broader in scope and require you to work through the answer.
    Situational questions that describe a hypothetical situation and ask how you would proceed in those circumstances.
    Behavioural questions that ask you to describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended the Black Engineers of the Year Awards (BEYA). They had plenty of recruiters onsite. Compared with other companies there, they had the most energy and enthusiasm to hire and speech with potential employees. The interview was across the street. It was mostly behavior. Overall, it was a great experience and an made an outstanding impression.

Interview Questions

• They asked for my geographical preference.   1 Answer

Program Cost Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aldie, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Aldie, VA).

Interview

By far the best I ever had. The first interview was like an exam, the Manager went through my resume and everything was analyzed and discussed from education up to professional experience. The second session was with the PM which knew all my work history without having my resume in front of him! That, right there, spoke high volume that he was prepared! The whole process took like 3
    months, but they won't hire without having the background check completed. Also a drug test is required. The recruiter was very responsive be helpful, as well!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quite reasonable

International Trade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Required to complete entire employment application prior to interview; interviewed with potential manager. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were consistent with the job description, nothing off the wall. Probably more likely to hire someone at the low end of salary requirements (as is typical with government contractors).

Interview Questions

• Whether I was familiar with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and to what extent.   1 Answer

SCA Aircraft Mechanic III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patuxent River, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Patuxent River, MD).

Interview

My interview was very simple, as I came into the location as an employee of Aerotek originally. However, the Grumman folks did the interview once they read my resume. I was asked very few aircraft specific questions, and mainly asked about my experience working with the E2-C Hawkeye. The night shift supervisor and deputy shop lead did ask one very specific question that only a person who has worked on the platform would know, which for this location is what they need, as the location deals in test and development of the advanced Hawkeye and true professionals are needed to keep up with the operational tempo they are handed each and every day.

Interview Questions

• Where would you find the nitrogen pressure for the current "x" dimension if the technical publication was unavailable for consulting.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Woodbridge, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted at a Starbuck's café. The interviewer talked about the company. And then proceeded to talk about the contract and what was required on the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background.   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Herndon, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I have applied for multiple positions at NG over the years, and prior experience should have tipped me off that once I finally got an interview, the experience would not be the most professional. In the past, I would have recruiters reach out to me, then when I would return their calls (or attempt to), they would disappear. This time I was able to actually get an interview. The interview started 10 minutes late, the interviewers (one of them, anyway) seemed very cold, and the interviewers did not seem that interested in my resume (which is above average for someone applying for this position), and it seemed like they were just going through the motions. My biggest concern is that there was ZERO follow up from the recruiter, no feedback, no declining of proceeding. NOTHING. Totally ghosted after the interview. Regardless of the size of the organization, there should be follow up and communication with the applicant - ESPECIALLY if they have come in for an in person interview. I only found out I wasn't being considered further when I checked my account on their careers website. Needless to say I am not impressed with this process or their HR department, and expected far more professionalism from an organization as prestigious as Northrop Grumman.

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (McLean, VA).

Interview

Straight forward interview. Describe the company, job role, then proceeded with your general behavioral questions. Google how to prepare for a Northrop Grumman interview and there was a slide deck that was very helpful. Had some tips and sample questions. The interview was one on one. Only did one phone interview and one in person before receiving an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a co-worker   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email two days after my application for an in-person interview. The interview consisted of four Northrop Grumman engineers who probed my knowledge and experience with the development process. Questions were more geared towards handling development in a team environment rather than personal programming knowledge (and rightfully so).

The interview clocked in at just under an hour. Be prepared to discuss and elaborate on specific experiences as you have listed on your resume. If you have experience through internships or college projects, refresh your memory on specific techniques that you utilized.

Interview Questions

• We've all dealt with problematic team members, be it in school or work life. How would/have you go/gone about dealing with a team member who does not seem to be pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Washington, DC).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR. Then an appointment was set for a face to face interview. After this there was a panel interview with mostly operational questions. Then there was a personality test given. This was in a group setting and mostly straightforward. The meetings were very relaxed and cordial in the setting. There was some 1:1 face time with a few in the group during tours. This was for a sensitive program and only limited information was given at the time.