Northrop Grumman Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.5

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer (PDP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (College Park, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at the career fair and got an on-campus interview. Interview was about 30 minutes long, half technical half behavior, but most of the questions were fairly softball. Technical questions were a mix of programming, OS, radar, and software development cycles.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Silver Spring, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair at my university. Received an email for an interview 2 weeks later. Interview was all behavioral and was just to see how well Id fit in the company dynamic. Asked a week later to update my profile with more information. Received an offer a couple days after that.

Busniss Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

it was in career event in DC>.
    When you arrive, you will meet your selection board (usually two or three people, including the supervisor of the position and a representative of Human Resources). The team leader will tell you what to expect, and will explain that the board will be recording your answers for later review. Don't let this recording process distract you—it’s a normal part of the interview and necessary to make a complete assessment later on.

The board will then begin asking you a series of questions to assess your knowledge, abilities and personal suitability. These may include:

Closed questions that demonstrate your knowledge by requiring a specific factual answer.
    Open-ended questions that are broader in scope and require you to work through the answer.
    Situational questions that describe a hypothetical situation and ask how you would proceed in those circumstances.
    Behavioural questions that ask you to describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended the Black Engineers of the Year Awards (BEYA). They had plenty of recruiters onsite. Compared with other companies there, they had the most energy and enthusiasm to hire and speech with potential employees. The interview was across the street. It was mostly behavior. Overall, it was a great experience and an made an outstanding impression.

Interview Questions

• They asked for my geographical preference.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was able to get an interview from a regional conference. My experience was very pleasant. The recruiters seemed to be knowledgeable about the engineering process. They were definitely interested in candidates that were passionate about the company.

Interview Questions

• Name something that makes yourself valuable to the company?   Answer Question

Program Cost Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aldie, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Aldie, VA).

Interview

By far the best I ever had. The first interview was like an exam, the Manager went through my resume and everything was analyzed and discussed from education up to professional experience. The second session was with the PM which knew all my work history without having my resume in front of him! That, right there, spoke high volume that he was prepared! The whole process took like 3
    months, but they won't hire without having the background check completed. Also a drug test is required. The recruiter was very responsive be helpful, as well!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quite reasonable

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Went to beya conference, spoke to a recruiter. He set me up for an interview next day with the manager. Interview was based on behavioral questions. The process took about a month or so. Because i had to do drug test, background check.

International Trade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Required to complete entire employment application prior to interview; interviewed with potential manager. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were consistent with the job description, nothing off the wall. Probably more likely to hire someone at the low end of salary requirements (as is typical with government contractors).

Interview Questions

• Whether I was familiar with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and to what extent.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (College Park, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I went to the career fair for my university and was invited back to an interview, it was really easy and they were very nice during the interview. There were three people and they tended to ask more behavior questions instead of ones you would normally hear.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were had to do something you weren't experienced with.   1 Answer

SCA Aircraft Mechanic III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patuxent River, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Patuxent River, MD).

Interview

My interview was very simple, as I came into the location as an employee of Aerotek originally. However, the Grumman folks did the interview once they read my resume. I was asked very few aircraft specific questions, and mainly asked about my experience working with the E2-C Hawkeye. The night shift supervisor and deputy shop lead did ask one very specific question that only a person who has worked on the platform would know, which for this location is what they need, as the location deals in test and development of the advanced Hawkeye and true professionals are needed to keep up with the operational tempo they are handed each and every day.

Interview Questions

• Where would you find the nitrogen pressure for the current "x" dimension if the technical publication was unavailable for consulting.   1 Answer