Northside Hospital Medical Technologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Northside Hospital

2.5

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

You meet with the supervisor of the department or the operations manager. The supervisor was new so the director was there for added support. Supervisor asked typical behavioral questions,

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northside Hospital

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online. HR representative called to set up a phone interview and asked me to fill out background check form and also a 6 page computerized skill test ( software by healthcaresource) , How dare a employer ask for personal info before a job offer. Does the Congress need to pass a law for this, so this does not happen.

The phone interview with hiring Manager and a Operations Manager went well, There were technical questions and also behaviour or social skills ques that are standard like conflict resolution, tardiness, communication , teamwork. punctuality,sick calls.

The HR called in 2 days for personal on site interview, They were not professional enough to give me information for parking as northside is a very big hospital,so I had to find that out on my own. I went on time keeping the Northside values mission but HR was not ready they were 30 minutes behind schedule. The meeting was same questions HR asks, conflict managemsent etc. The recruiter had never talked to me personally before this, She failed to give me pertinent information about the job,salary,benefits that matter for prospective employee. In 20 minutes she was finished and asked me to go to the hiring manager in the hospital building. I went there and waited by the information desk for the manager to pick me up. I waited and waited and nobody would come,so finally I called the lab dept and told them I was here to see so and so for interview. I kept waiting and then sfter half and hour she came.
    The interview went well,I told her HR did not give me any information about benefits and salary scale or so an had given me hints that I had lot of experience meaning I was overqualified. However the manager was very professional but was so understaffed that she had to ask another manager to take me around to show the lab so she could finish what she was doing and then show me around the area that I was supposed to work. I work in a lab so I could see that with all the procedures they do they were overworked and understaffed.I could not believe how they could maintain the quallity control and quality assurance with that kind of staff. I would think twice about visiting northside as a patient. Tere is no way such a understaffed place can produce results without making shortcuts. It is a plantation with no color bar.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, just general workplace questions. Standard HR conflict resolution questions.   Answer Question

The number of employees were too low for the work load, Most of the employees were right out of school.There was not enough balance between experienced and inexperienced staff. They operate like private equity cut costs and giving CEO 2 million and performance based bonuses at the cost of lower payed staff. The workplace did not look very professional,Northside being in that posh North Buckhead area.