Northside Hospital Staff RN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northside Hospital Staff RN Interview Questions

Interviews at Northside Hospital

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Cumming, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

45 minutes long, patient scenerios of which patient you would see first, personal questions, questions about education, number of years in college and why, what I like to do outside of work for stress relief, what I would do in certain situations with a patient with high acuity

Interview Questions

• Which patient would you see first? Patient with anaphylactic shock, elderly female fall on blood thinners, and person with urinary retention?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northside Hospital

Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Canton, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

The whole hiring and interview process was very smooth and convenient! Everyone was very nice. I inquired about a walk-in interview day and had a job within one week!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Had a recruiter email me. After talking to them, got a phone interview in a week to 2 weeks. Went to interview on floor with manager and clinician. Got the job and finished paper work.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you faced a difficult situation and what was it?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Interview

Northside encourages you to apply online. The recruiter reviews your application and calls and sets up interview that can be for any of the campuses with job positions available

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Cumming, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I wasn't even asked any questions. I came in and we basically just had a conversation about my life and where I went to nursing school I was very prepared to answer any situational questions but surprisingly was not.

Interview Questions

• She just asked about my availability and experience. The interview was more like a conversation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Brought in 4 interviewees with 8 managers for networking breakfast. After we ate, we met with the nurse educator who talked to us about being a nurse at Northside. Then each candidate was interviewed separately by the 8 managers. Finally we toured the hospital. The HR recruiter called each candidate right away to let them know if they would be getting an offer. Process was absolutely amazing. So relaxed, and everyone was so friendly. Best interview I have ever been on.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond for a patient.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a tearful patient who wanted you to talk to them and 5 other patients with immediate needs?   Answer Question
    • What are some reasons that it is ok to miss work?   Answer Question
    • tell about the last time you were late to work   Answer Question
    • tell about a time when you have made a mistake in clinicals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Entry level nursing new grad residency. They pay better than other hospitals anyway.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The BEST interview process I have ever had. Hospital Recruiter was fantastic. Amazing hospital. Amazing Staff. Recruiter was ALWAYS on top of her job from the moment to schedule the interview to coaching you over the phone until I received an offer! Incredible experience :)

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with managers and leadership of unit. New graduate RN residency program. Interview was professionally done but in a welcoming way. I would describe this as a positive experience. Everyone was easy to talk to an interested in finding out my interests and compatibility with the unit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you could have done better (phrased differently)   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose nursing   Answer Question
    • A patient is upset about receiving some bad new is and very upset. You are behind on your other patients. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, then manager of unit. It went very smoothly. Applied online and the next day was offered interviews. I was called the morning after my interview with a job offer. They were very helpful in guiding me through all the requirements for the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• What my previous experience was.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply for job, recruiter calls and asks what department you want to work and if you want to work days or nights and matches the departments according to your choice .