Northside Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 4, 2017

2.7

After School Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northside Independent School District (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

You interview at the District with a large panel of five people. Everyone agrees with the Director and you should agree and go along with no new ideas, just praise their current program.

Interview Questions

• They want you to recite exactly from the website exactly what the motto of the Learning Tree after school program is in almost every question.   1 Answer

Attendance Secretary Interview

Interview

Interview process was with a panel. Round table questions. For the elementary level. They may want bilingual candidates. They will call back for a second interview if needed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset parent.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

Sit down with Dean, Principle and Coordinator. They asked about the experience I had and the past lesson plans I have done. It was overall an easy interview since I was already familiar with the faculty and the district.

Technology Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northside Independent School District (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick process. You will have an interview the director of technology to determine if you will be a good fit for the position you applied for. The director is awesome and was very easy to talk to. Asks some pretty basic questions about your history with technology and how often you use technology. The director then gives their recommendations to the school principal of who would be a good fit. Depending on the level of the school (elementary T.S.S.'s are split between two campuses), I was applying for elementary, the principals will interview four candidates. I interviewed with two principals and one vice principal. They had 13 questions on a sheet of paper and took turns asking them. Within a week I received a call from HR and they offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Read the following five scenarios and list them in order of highest priority and explain why.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

It was quick and non-stressful. As long as you have all your paperwork in order and filled out thoroughly, it was a snap. Prepare to pay $50 for fingerprints and a background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student that was disruptive?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Interview

interviewed with three people seemed alright but I learned later they spent over 8 months interviewing 50+ candidates surely something is wrong if they need to interview that many people. Clearly our tax payer money is wasted on this process, I guess they wanted interview experience at the expense of people serious about working

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northside Independent School District (San Antonio, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call from principal. Principal and department head alternated asking questions from a script. Most questions related to prior teaching experience and how I handled various situations. I'm not sure how much it helped, but I tried to emphasize collaborating with other teachers, involving parents from the start, and research based strategies.

Interview Questions

• What would I see if I looked in your classroom on an average day?

What would you do if a student refused to work on the assignment?
      Answer Question

Math Teacher Interview

Interview

Applying to teach in NISD is a straightforward process that is pretty standardized. After being certified by passing the applicable ExCET examinations, openings can be applied for through the HR department of NISD's website. Jobs are posted for specific teaching positions, not necessarily for specific school locations. Make sure to bring examples of lessons, student work, and anything else that can demonstrate your proficiency as a teacher. Most questions related to my educational philosophy, how I would handle certain situations teachers face on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• What would you do for a student who is not learning, after using all the normal avenues of remediation and intervention? (e.g. counselor/academic dean referrals, other support programs, parent contact, tutoring, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation as teachers are hired at a standard pay rate based on experience level.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northside Independent School District.

Interview

First you will have a pre-screening interview with Library Services. If they approve you, then you are eligible to go on interviews with schools. 80+ applicants will apply for each opening. The pre-screening interview asked library related questions. Why do want to go from being a classroom teacher to a librarian? How would you handle a book that is being challenged by a parent? Where did you earn your Masters degree from? How would you go about selecting books for the library (NISD does have a selection policy, my interviewer was very impressed that I was aware of this policy and knew how to select books, they also have a challenge policy that is good to be aware of before the interview)

Interview Questions

• How will you motivate reluctant readers? This question was not unexpected, but it is difficult to answer unless you are interviewing at a campus where you are familiar with the demographics of the student population. I suggest researching the campus online thoroughly before going to campus interviews. Principals and other admin will have no idea what librarians really do - so they will ask questions in relation to how the library will affect classrooms and the whole school. Think like a teacher and it will go smoothly.   Answer Question

Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northside Independent School District (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Through central office, then through individual school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Worked there too long.