Northwell Health Flex Staff Medical Office Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwell Health Flex Staff Medical Office Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwell Health

1 Interview Review

Flex Staff Medical Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwell Health (New Hyde Park, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was calm and made me feel comfortable.
The first thing I did was the typing test on the computer.
Then the interviewer got the score and lead me to the interview room.
The interviewer explained the whole process and informed me that it takes about one month to go through the background check (you get an e-mail/phone call from them indicating when to come in for fingerprinting & also drop off your documentation, i.e ID, etc - both the sec team & doc lady were very nice & welcoming), online training (not paid and VERY long- it takes days - and you are tested after almost each of the approx. 20 modules ), two classroom trainings (both are about 8 hours in total - paid).
I was also informed that as a flex staff employee, I would normally be covering for their current employees who are taking leaves of absence and they cannot guarantee that it would lead to a permanent position.
Also there are no benefits for flex staff employees.
Again after all is done, you have to go to NS-LIJ where they take you to their computer room to get your NS-LIJ ID-badge and set-up your direct deposit/tax withholding/ for payment purposes.
You also get your user ID & password for computer access once working onsite.

Interview Questions

• Why I applied for the position, my previous experience, my skills, etc...   Answer Question