Northwestern Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Northwestern Medicine

2.8

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. One week later, received invitation to complete virtual interview through Hirevue App. Average behavioral interview questions...some unrelated to job description. Received email from recruiter stating other candidates were being considered.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle adversity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Lake Forest, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very smooth. Interview set up through a temp agency. Great interviewing manager who asked a lot of detailed questions. Manager willing to work with my scheduale and very thankful she could find someone to do the overnight hours. However very confusing with where to go for interview. Went to HR and they had no idea who I was and where I should even be. After about 10 minutes they finally figured out where I should be and ended up being late to the interview because of this.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of the following: first I received a phone call informing to to come in for an interview based on the resume I submitted. We set up a date and time, and I met with the manager as well as a few of the physicians I would be working closely with. It went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a week or two later. I had a phone interview, then came in to interview with a panel of three department managers from various departments. They asked the basic interviews questions......why was I looking for employment, what could I offer the company, how would I handle difficult situations.....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received a follow-up call a week or two after my in-person interview from human resources extending me a job offer, telling me the start date and salary amount. I started 3 weeks after I accepted the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Carol Stream, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Carol Stream, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Asked scenario based questions to gauge your overall temperament and if you work well under pressure. The rest of the questions just gauged your communication abilities, experience and fit with the company culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with patients that are angry or unhappy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Scheduling and assisting patients, insurance verification, and proving excellent customer service. We are also the front face of Northwestern, and assist patient's daily with a variety of needs, and requests. We send messages to doctors, page physicians, and other clinical staff. We also take messages to send directly to a variety of staff members.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, and what are you weaknesses?
      Name one time you weren't able to meet a patient's expectations, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

Not hired yet, I did a virtual inveiw was a little stressful, but just be honest in your answers and look at the screen while talking, dress professional and use proper English, they contact you via email throughout the process leading up to the intial interview

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Three people interviewed me at one time and it was question after question no time to think of your response but it was the typical interview questions. The three managers were so nice. Over all, it seems overwhelming but it’s not.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Winfield, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Video and in person interview. A video interview was required first which was sent to all of the Northwestern Medicine locations. It was a series of about five questions. Then the real interview was at the hospital with the nurse manager of the unit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Northwestern?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

Virtual interview (where you video record responses to preset questions) then recruiter called me to set up interview with unit manager in person. After that interview I got a callback about a week later with the job offer.