Northwestern Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Medicine Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

Cytogenetic Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

They want you to record yourself answering interview questions with audio and video. You get one chance to answer each question and only thirty seconds to think of an answer before it starts recording.

MRI Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Buffalo Grove, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process went really well. the manager was really knowledgeable and was able to answer any questions i may have had. The interview was conducted over the phone.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter emailed me/called me for a phone screening. Completed that and was informed about the hireview interview. Completed that process and now have a couple interviews set up with the practice manager. I am hoping to receive an offer

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went so good I thought they would give me a call back sooner but no call not response to voicemail or email, lack of communication very disappointed in northwestern

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Winfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a virtual interview (you are asked questions on a the screen, you have 30 seconds to prepare your answer and then your answer is video recorded). After that about 2 weeks later I was set up with an in person interview with the hiring manager and the woman I would be replacing. They asked me several pretty generic interview questions and then I was shown around and explained duties the job would entail. After my interview I sent a thank you letter to the hiring manager and then I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • What would your current employer say about you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to deal with an unhappy patient and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Psychometrist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Winfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two neuropsychologists and a lead psychometrist. They were very relaxed and kind. They made it clear they work like a family and they really care about their patients. Then they gave me a tour and we talked about logistics.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a very upset dementia patient is getting ready to leave in the middle of a test?   Answer Question
    • Which tests have you administered before?   Answer Question

Pct Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine in November 2016.

Interview

Different interview digital interview. I really didn't like the digital interview because I couldn't ask any questions if I misunderstood a question. They only ask you 10 questions. Only thing I don't like about the digital interview is that they determine whether they want to give u a in house interview based off the digital video. I dislike it because everyone is not a camera person so if you don't do well on the video version it can cause you to blow your chances of getting a real interview with northwestern medicine.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's job board for the registered nurse position. I got an email immediately after submitting the application. I completed a digital interview which had about 6 questions I had to answer. It was mainly about past experiences. The next day HR contacted me then spoke with me briefly about the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult patient and how did you handle it.
      If you had a choice, what are 2 units you would work on?
      Answer Question

Director Patient Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Initially received an email stating I wasn't qualified for position. One week later, received another email "inviting" me to do a one-way video interview. Impersonal. The video interview is prejudicial. I am over 50 and masters prepare nurse. Two other people I know also interviewed this way. One is black and one is Muslim. None of us were invited for in-person interview; receiving an email stating not qualified.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter who scheduled a HireVue. After the HireVue I was scheduled a face to face interview with the floor manager. Now I'm waiting for a call to schedule third interview with the practice manager.