Northwestern Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Medicine Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.7

Cytogenetic Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

They want you to record yourself answering interview questions with audio and video. You get one chance to answer each question and only thirty seconds to think of an answer before it starts recording.

Northwestern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

First did an video interview. Then Got called in for interview then got second interview in the same week. Then a day later got the job. Each interview was with 2 people. We're very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to this position?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

Timed video recorded interview done online. As well as in person interview with the manager and the finance director. Interview lasted two hours. General questions were asked like what makes you a good candidate.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

Got a call from HR to come in for interview. I was asked the basic/standard questions. It was very quick. I showed up, I spoke with a few people- they showed me around and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker and or patient -Tell us how you handled it.   Answer Question

MRI Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Buffalo Grove, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process went really well. the manager was really knowledgeable and was able to answer any questions i may have had. The interview was conducted over the phone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

I started with an Online application. Then Video recorded interview through and external application. They asked you questions and it recorded you. Then got called for an in person interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and why do want a career at Northwestern?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with computer software and are you familiar with EPIC?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a client/patient?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you made a mistake or were late meeting a deadline and how did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you helped a coworker put without being asked too?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One phone interview with two program managers - basic behavioral interview with questions about previous experiences based on a previously submitted resume. Interview was supposed to be in person but time and scheduling constraints limited to a phone interview which led to an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you have faced and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, contacted two days later to complete a digital interview, recruiter contacted me the same day to confirm experience and my salary expectations, the next day I was asked to pick a date/time for a two panel interview... the email also stated that if an offer is extended I would receive an email with instruction on how to upload references using the link. Interview lasted one hour and was very relaxed, smooth, and thorough. It was like I was having lunch with two good friends. All the questions I had planned to ask were answered and I was completely in awe. On my way home... I received three emails, including a follow up email from my recruiter asking me "how did it go", I'm only assume that the two managers contacted him as soon as I left. He just so happened to email me 30mins after my interview and asked me to upload my references using the link provided in the other emails. At this point, it would appear that an unofficial offer is on the table, because I was asked to upload references (which is the next step after the face to face interview). When I receive an official offer...I plan to accept and type up my three week notice for my current employer. The process so far has been fast pace and straightforward. I am absolutely grateful to have been giving the opportunity... and the process itself has been great. I'd give my recruiter and those two managers five stars and two thumbs up.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about my current role as a CMA, a few problem solving questions, my flexibility, my EPIC training and comfort level, how much notice would I need to provide my current employer.   Answer Question
    • They volunteer a lot about the position, physicians, procedures. They explained my role and how too succeed in that specific department.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave them a minimum... before the face to face interview. No negotiation was needed, I was satisfied with the minimum is good enough. But if they decide to offer more... I'd be grateful.

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went so good I thought they would give me a call back sooner but no call not response to voicemail or email, lack of communication very disappointed in northwestern

Pct Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine in November 2016.

Interview

Different interview digital interview. I really didn't like the digital interview because I couldn't ask any questions if I misunderstood a question. They only ask you 10 questions. Only thing I don't like about the digital interview is that they determine whether they want to give u a in house interview based off the digital video. I dislike it because everyone is not a camera person so if you don't do well on the video version it can cause you to blow your chances of getting a real interview with northwestern medicine.