Northwestern Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Professional and discreet process focused on skills and my ability to add value to the organization. Comprehensive review of organization and exposure to a great number of leaders with whom my role would interact.

Interview Questions

• Opinions about future of industry and how to influence it   Answer Question

Cytogenetic Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

They want you to record yourself answering interview questions with audio and video. You get one chance to answer each question and only thirty seconds to think of an answer before it starts recording.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email 8 weeks later stating they were seeking other candidates. 4 weeks after that I received a phone call from HR to see if I was still interested.

I came in for 2 separate interviews, one with HR and the other with 2 supply chain managers. After my interviews I was told I'd receive a case study to complete.

The case study was never sent and I received a phone call from HR 3 weeks later informing me for a second time that they are pursuing other candidates.

Epic Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR via email. Setup a phone screening with HR. Then was forwarded to the hiring manager where I did a phone interview with them. Followed by an in-person interview where I met with small groups of 3-4 people to be interviewed. I also had to do a teach back on a topic of my choice in their Epic System (which is unfair because they were on 2012, and I knew 2014 and higher) I also had to submit training/ tip sheets that I had created.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

Timed video recorded interview done online. As well as in person interview with the manager and the finance director. Interview lasted two hours. General questions were asked like what makes you a good candidate.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was conducted by Computer-assisted personal interviewing (CAPI). It was the first time I interviewed using this method. I found the process too impersonal and difficult to complete. Interviewing in and of itself is a stressful process, but when coupled with the need to focus on camera angles, lighting, and sound quality it becomes very task laden and therefore counter-productive to actually getting to meet and know the candidate up-close and personal.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process included a preliminary interview with a panel of four (though only three ended up being present), and a second interview with a panel of four (two returners) and the VP of the Foundation. Answering their questions took up about 40% of the first interview, and 60% of the second. During the first they heavily described what the job would be like, an assistant for the three managers of the Foundation (Estate Planning, Philanthropy). They stressed that it would be a high paced position and that they relied heavily on understanding of excel. They also stressed that it was a temp position, and though their company frequently hired temps on as full time employees, it was temp for an unknown amount of time.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you experienced a conflict with a donor? How familiar are you with Microsoft Office? How do you deal with getting what you need through while operating through a bureaucracy? How do you time manage?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

The interview started with a virtual interview then an in person. It was pretty straightforward and related to the specific unit I applied for. The virtual interview was pretty easy, it was just some questions about my background, and the in person interview was more about my specific desire to work on that unit.

Interview Questions

Interview

Great experience. Interview was pretty tough but as long as you remain calm and respond with clear cut questions you are fine and it goes smooth. Great hospital, great people, many opportunities to move up.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Web-based interview with prompted questions, an awkward experience. Recruiter set up in-person interview with floor manager and shadow experience with ICU. I was recommended to step down unit to gain a little more experience as I am a new grad. The interview process continued the following day with two managers. The new grad RN position was offered the following day.