Northwestern Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Medicine Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.8

Clinical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

Applied for the job and within 3 days I received a request to do the video interview. A couple days later I was asked to come in for the in person interview. I sat with both the managers on the unit for about 20 minutes, then I went and shadowed a nurse on the unit for 45 minutes. It was a very positive experience, everyone was very nice and welcoming.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a video interview with them first very simple process read the question and record your answer they even give you a practice run on each question. After that there's a short skill check quiz. Then a few weeks later I got called in for an in person interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied for a hiring event online through their careers portal. A recruiter had touched base about confirming availability to attend the event. At the hiring event itself, interviewed in a ballroom with several tables with different managers representing different floors and units. Quick short interviews with a sort of "speed dating" vibe and then was asked to shadow on 2 floors. 2 weeks after the interview, a recruiter touched based and asked me to come in for another interview/shadow with a different floor. Got word that I was hired the next day and began the process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a year, 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Scenario question: Pt. A is being discharged and ready to go home, pt. B is rating pain 9/10 and requesting pain meds, pt. C needs a blood transfusion. In what order do you see your patients?   Answer Question
    • What do you like about Northwestern?   Answer Question

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. One week later, received invitation to complete virtual interview through Hirevue App. Average behavioral interview questions...some unrelated to job description. Received email from recruiter stating other candidates were being considered.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position online. I was contacted for a video interview about a week later via email. Then I was asked to come in for an in person interview. Met with the manager and a floor nurse for about 30 minutes, then was asked to shadow on the floor for about 30 minutes (they asked me to bring a pair of scrubs to change into

CRT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The nursing school you are attending generally informs you about the CRT Program. You will be instructed to complete a Northwestern CRT application online. Once completed, I heard from them through email and they gave me a schedule for the interviews. The blitz interview gives you an opportunity to interview with your top two unit choices. You only get 10 minutes per interview, which is not much time but enough for them to gauge your interest.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very Straightforward. The first interview was through HireVue and honestly, you should really nail this. Most people are going to have similar skills but they want to see confidence, cultural fit, and the ability to articulate yourself. I was invited for a second interview shortly after and the second interview was very conversational and laid back. I don't know if it was my experience or background but I was never really grilled on hardcore IT concepts. You're interviewing with the department manager for certain team and its really to see how you can be an asset/fit to their team. Be familiar with the company values, have some experiences you can elaborate on, humor goes a LONGGG way, don't be arrogant and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why NM? If a (Silicone Valley Company) offers you a job and so does NM, who will you choose?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine in November 2017.

Interview

Completed online interview video/ following week HR requested interview/ did interview and I was asked general questions ( environment wasn't stressful)/ HR got back to me right after interview/ 5 References were required to complete email surveys online/ Job Offer

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a upset patient or a stressed out Doctor?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Process is very slow, first round - HireVue self video interview, they came up with a feedback after a month. Then a face to face round in Winfield-discussing my resume, cultural fit to the team, job requirements, Some technical questions on Javascript and CSS, again a month for the feedback and next round scheduled with rest of the team in Chicago Campus, they gave me an impression that I almost cleared the interview and the rest of the team wants to meet me. Lead and director took the interviews individually for 30 min each. They told me in the interview that they liked me and are happy to bring me into the team.
    But after a 2 weeks or so, i started sending them emails about the next steps and after another 2 weeks, they just sent me an automated email saying, they are moving forward with other candidates.
    They din't even care to give a feedback as soon as they decided, even after i invested 3.5 months of my time on their interview process.

Patient Engagement Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Disorganized with HR - had several people contacting me with overlapping requests. Department communication however was great. Interviewers were respectful and kind - very welcoming. They had answers to all my questions and helped me understand the role I would be undertaking - they didn't just grill me on my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• The role doesn't involve as much patient-interaction as come candidates would hope - are you okay with that?   Answer Question