Northwestern Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and few days after applying I received an email for a virtual interview using HireVue app. Had 5 to 6 questions. Still waiting for a call back for the next step

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone and in-person interview with a panel of nurses from that unit. The second interview was a ten minute blitz for new grad nurses and was informative, followed my orientation to the floor.

Clinical Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

Lots of interviews with faculty members. Some were really intense. Some were really laid back. It all depends on your field and specialty. It was a very long day! We had lunch as well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Was emailed with the opportunity to interview with them, I came in, they gave an overview of the department and project, asked me a few questions, then told me they would be in touch.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you overcame an obstacle or difficult experience using your skills   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was online through HireVue and I am currently waiting to hear back - they said about a month for a response. Questions were fair and relatively easy/straightforward, as long as you prepared. Hoping to hear back soon.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Lake Forest, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview and took exam on pharmacy math. Met with pharmacy manager and other pharmacist they asked typical interview question go over the exam. The test is 10 questions the include converting mg to g and word problems.

Clinical Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then three separate in-person interviews with doctor, staff, and managers. Everyone was friendly, willing to answer questions, and work to train me until I was comfortable since the previous employee in the position I was interviewing for left without notice.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation you have been in at your previous job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Professional and discreet process focused on skills and my ability to add value to the organization. Comprehensive review of organization and exposure to a great number of leaders with whom my role would interact.

Interview Questions

• Opinions about future of industry and how to influence it   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, went over qualifications, what company offered.
    Next met with practice manager in addition to Department Manager and peers. Basic general questions were asked. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes, received tour of department. Pay was discussed after interview with offer letter.

Psychometrist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Winfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two neuropsychologists and a lead psychometrist. They were very relaxed and kind. They made it clear they work like a family and they really care about their patients. Then they gave me a tour and we talked about logistics.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a very upset dementia patient is getting ready to leave in the middle of a test?   Answer Question
    • Which tests have you administered before?   Answer Question