Northwestern Mutual Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Northwestern Mutual Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Harrisburg, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed by office manager (assistant to MGA) and took a skills level (typing, spelling, grammar, and data entry) tests. Once all was scored, I then interviewed with the two agents that I was employed as their administrative assistant. Fairly quick process between the first and second interviews. Also had to pass a criminal background report in the new hire process.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

Easy interview, was offered the job right after the interview. They asked me about my background and experience and described the role. The interview only lasted about 20 minutes and they were very informative and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What past experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Center Valley, PA).

Interview

Very quick in response time to set me up for an interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview I thought went well. I interviewed with a hiring manager initially and she asked me a set list of questions, and then I met with another man who I would be working along side with and he asked me the same set of questions. I thought that I answered them well enough, but my issue was a lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example in your life when you had to be a leader.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Most people were hired by individuals. I had my interview with a financial advisor directly. He asked me about my education and tested my language skill (because I said I am fluent in Chinese). He asked if I am willing to start part-time, and I said yes. That was pretty much it. He said he will get back to me and I got an email from him two days after saying that he would like to have me.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I got an email from the hiring manager wanting to set up a phone interview. Got a call and she asked me a couple questions about my current position and what I was looking for in a company. Then she explained the position and if I felt it was something I was interested in. After that I had to fill out two personality tests. Shortly after that I was offered an interview. The in person interview was simple, I was asked a couple questions and then learned more about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why were you looking to change jobs?
      What do you currently do at your current job?
      Explain a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

A lot of back and forth. Had to complete a Harrison Assessment in order to be considered for the position. The assessment holds a lot of weight on weather or not you get an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you couldn't finish the work you were assigned?   Answer Question