Northwestern Mutual Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 3.5K interviews

Employee Referral20%
Campus Recruiting20%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in Jan 2019

Interview

hr screen, then hiring manager later interview, multiple rounds, very nice team, employers are very busy in the office took average 2 hours per interview plus a 30 mins computer skill test including excel and words very good experience overall

Interview Questions
  • Q what do you benefit from your past experience
    Answer Question

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. The company wants new hires to sell products to family members. Interviewer was very nice though and the interview process was very enjoyable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2016

Interview

We sat down and went over my resume together-talked about my strengths and weaknesses and interests. We also talked a lot about my personality--whether I'm introverted or extroverted, shy or outgoing, whether I excel at communication. They then give you a packet of 10 questionnaires to take home. You are to cold call 10 people you know and fill out the questionnaires--the last question asks you to ask them for 3-5 other people they know that you could call. Basically, they want to test whether or not you can create a network from your current network. I don't excel at cold calls, so this was difficult for me. When I came back for the second interview I had all 10 questionnaires filled out, but hadn't gotten any references for new people from the people I had called. This is what they cared about. He offered me a second chance to try again and get those references, but I ultimately decided against it. I was under the impression that this was an analyst position because that's what the intern program is called, but it is truly a sales job where you bring your own network to the company and receive commision.

Interview Questions
  • Do you consider yourself extroverted or introverted--does talking to people all day tire you out?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in Sep 2015

Interview

The process started with a 15 minute phone screening. Next was an in person with department head, followed by a round 2 with the COO. Decision made within a week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in [location]

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Jan 2012

Interview

The Interview was all behavioral questions and going over my resume. Make sure you have questions for them to show you are interested at the end of the interview. For this internship, you have to come up with your own clients, so showing that you are sociable and creative in finding new clients, and somehow connected (through friends or family) in the area will land you the internship.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in Dec 2011

Interview

the interview process is pretty intense. it usually involves several interviews with multiple people over a couple weeks. there are tests given but the interview is more depended on the personal skills. generally outgoing personalities tend to do better. asking questions and following up works well. looking into the eyes of the interviewer is key. being well spoken

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in Feb 2010

Interview

Applied for job online and received emailed response around 2 weeks later requesting an interview. I interviewed with someone from HR and a MD. Then later that week, was called in for a second interview. I met with a mix of directors and MDs (all one on one). Received a form email the following week saying they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions
  • What types of challenges do you have in your current position?
RSS Feed</>Embed