Northwestern Mutual Associate Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Associate Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.3

Associate Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I only participated in the phone interview, as I was very alarmed by the illegal questioning. I had reached out to the HR representative online, she contacted me for a phone interview. It seemed friendly enough, but extremely invasive due to the line of illegal questioning. I hope Northwestern Mutual decides to change this process immediately.

Interview Questions

• Are you married, do you have kids?   1 Answer
  • Do you have money saved to move? After I said I was prepared to move immediately 2 hours away once securing a job as I am living at home after moving back to my home state.   1 Answer
  • Where does you family live (referring to my parents and siblings) and how old are your siblings?   1 Answer
  • Do you rent or own property?   1 Answer

Illegal Questioning, did not continue the process even tough invited for a second step of the process.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (White Plains, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Within a week I was called to meet the recruiter who asked me about general questions about my interest and a task. The tasks was to come up with up to 20 contacts about professionals I know of who will be interest on buying or changing their insurance.

Interview Questions

• Do you have connections with professionals in your community who will be open to inform you about their insurance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in February 2016.

Interview

Before you go to interview you must complete a personality trait survey (no right or wrong answers) where they look for certain traits to see if you would be able to be successful in the industry based on your results. If you "pass" this survey then you go to either a face-to-face interview or phone (depending on location). The interview was supposed to last about 30 minutes and only lasted 20. The guy in recruiting is very approachable and makes you feel comfortable- more of a conversation instead of a formal interview so the relaxed approach makes for a better talk. Some companies try to keep things from you but they are very upfront in letting you know that this is a position that relies heavily (if not entirely) on commission and building your own business. This might appeal to some people or those who are very highly connected in the area but if this is your first job then the stress of making a paycheck while trying to build your business might be too much.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to find and build a book of business of 100 clients in the first year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and got an interview. I was phoned by a recruiter and set up a meeting date. We met up for a pretty informal interview which lasted 30 minutes. She asked my to take a personality test to see if the position was a good fit. After I took the test I was phoned again by her for a follow up interview. This is where we went over the test and talked about the hiring process, and was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three qualities that your friends would say you have.   Answer Question

The job wasn't a good fit.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I needed to pass a personality test this test is not used anymore, but there is another that is used which is similar. . There was also a basic math and reading test. You had to answer as many questions as possible within a specified time frame. I also had to sit for an interview with the office manager, who would be my supervisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at the time of the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

Three separate one on one interviews. Follow the packets they give you and you will be fine. Their main emphasis in on the number of referrals you bring in.

Interview Questions

• How can you display life insurance value to young people?   Answer Question