Northwestern Mutual Associate Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Associate Financial Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Madison, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

Just had a conversation with Rep, nothing serious. basically just wanted to make sure that I was a sane person and could make phone calls. told me as long as i can keep their calendar busy that the job was mine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. they just gave me a number. i could not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Met with Director of Operations. Was told I would meet with the COO after, but she cancelled and had me meet with her assistant instead. After I left, the FR I was going to be working for asked me to come back and meet with him. I came back and interviewed with him and he offered me to job.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any questions as it was 2 years ago. There were no questions out of the ordinary or to any degree of difficulty.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief, easy, one on one interview with who would end up being my direct employer. I applied online and was granted an interview fairly quickly after applying. They had me complete a personality quiz online to see if I would be compatible with my potential boss.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to balance multiple responsibilities effectively.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

First round were questions about the basics. However, I explained my visa situation with the recruiter to let her know I'm an international recent graduate with a work permit for 1 year and she said no trouble with it. However, they made me go all excited to a second round a couple of days later, they where 20 minutes late, and this recruiter asked me where I'm from and my legal status, which I had previously explained to his colleague, just to be told the interview was over, as they don't take people with my status. Disrespectful waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

easy, was just a lot of the things you learn when you get your certificate, but the manager was extremely educated and a really good guy. seemed like a lot were turned down to get the position.

Interview Questions

• can you sell insurance without a license ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Had one interview to get hired on. Sat with the interviewer one on one. Very friendly, asked the typical interviewing questions. Got a call the next day for the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Three one on one interviews with different interviewers each time. About 45 minutes each time or close to an hour. The questions were not too difficult for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself owning your own business?   1 Answer

Associate Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

-You do a test to see if you're suitable for the position
    -If the hiring agent likes you, they will give you a chance.
    -Come professionally dressed and make sure you look the hiring person in the eye. Since they are in sales they know how to read body language pretty well. Show confidence in order to not get low-balled on the negotiations.
    -They will ask for your resume/cover letter beforehand so they can form questions for the interview.
    -If you pass you will most likely be asked to start within a day or two since assistants have a high turnaround agents are always looking for new ones. They want to focus on sales and have you take care of the underwriting, service, and case prep or analysis of funds (depending on your registration status).

Interview Questions

• Nothing was out the ordinary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You have a little wiggle room but not a lot. You will most likely be able to negotiate 2-3k more but it all depends on the success and experience of your agent.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Previous experience in the industry will be your strongest strength. However, if you have no experience in finance, you will have a high chance of success if you can show you're willing to be a team player and you're willing to work as hard as it takes to get the job done.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are the best person for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Short interview - questions regarding why I wanted the position, how my skills might be relevant, questions about previous work experience, volunteer activities, future goals. Discussion about the job requirements, discussion about the life and FINRA exams that needed to be taken within certain time frames. Tour of the office and chance to ask current associates questions.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the position and how my skills might be relevant.   Answer Question