Northwestern Mutual Associate Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 3.5K interviews

Recruiter12%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Business casual. People were easy going and respectful. One interview I asked all the questions and another one it was half and half. They were great about breaking the ice.

Interview Questions
  • What is one accomplished im most proud of?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in Aug 2020

Interview

It was a laid back video interview. The recruiter was laid back and overall it was a good interview. This was also my first interview, if all the others are like this I would be happy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Sep 2019

Interview

The interview process started with a phone call and then an interview with a panel. They were very. good about following up and making sure all your questions are answered (you should have plenty prepared). Interview wasn't too intimating they make you feel really comfortable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Nashville, TN) in Jul 2018

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and informal. The adviser really took the time to get to know me. He also did a great job of setting expectations for the position and making sure I was a good fit for his practice.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to leave your current job?

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Richmond, VA) in Feb 2018

Interview

The interview process was quite long at Northwester Mutual. It consisted of 5 steps. The first was an initial phone call with a Northwestern recruiter. One week later was a in-person interview with the same recruiter. After this a personality assessment must take place. The third interview reviews this with the development director. After this you are given a packet to go conduct 10 interviews with potential clients. 3 are from your close network, 3 are from your more distant network, and 4 must be with people you don't know. After this you return for the fourth interview with a financial advisor. Then the final interview is with the Managing Partner or District Director of the office

Interview Questions
  • What attracts you about the Financial Services Industry?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in Jun 2017

Interview

The recruiter was very easy to speak with and friendly. The interview process started with a phone screening then several online tests, a Skype interview, and a final face to face interview. The recruiter spoke highly of me but the Financial Representative I met with seemed to have little interest in me. The rep didn't ask me many questions just talked about the position. The rep seemed as if the decision was made before I even got there. However, the questions that were asked were pretty simple nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in Oct 2016

Interview

It is extremely long and time consuming. Only do it if you are really interested. You meet with the operations person first. If they are interested they will send you an assessment on how well you work. After this you will hear from individual representatives that might be interested in your results

Interview Questions
  • How has your prior experience prepared you for this position?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA) in Aug 2015

Interview

First round were questions about the basics. However, I explained my visa situation with the recruiter to let her know I'm an international recent graduate with a work permit for 1 year and she said no trouble with it. However, they made me go all excited to a second round a couple of days later, they where 20 minutes late, and this recruiter asked me where I'm from and my legal status, which I had previously explained to his colleague, just to be told the interview was over, as they don't take people with my status. Disrespectful waste of time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2015

Interview

easy, was just a lot of the things you learn when you get your certificate, but the manager was extremely educated and a really good guy. seemed like a lot were turned down to get the position.

Interview Questions
  • can you sell insurance without a license ?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

-You do a test to see if you're suitable for the position -If the hiring agent likes you, they will give you a chance. -Come professionally dressed and make sure you look the hiring person in the eye. Since they are in sales they know how to read body language pretty well. Show confidence in order to not get low-balled on the negotiations. -They will ask for your resume/cover letter beforehand so they can form questions for the interview. -If you pass you will most likely be asked to start within a day or two since assistants have a high turnaround agents are always looking for new ones. They want to focus on sales and have you take care of the underwriting, service, and case prep or analysis of funds (depending on your registration status).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Interviews