Northwestern Mutual Associate Wealth Management Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 3.5K interviews

Employee Referral17%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Akron, OH) in Jan 2020

Interview

There are 4 interviews in the whole process. The first interview lasted about an hour and was a general get-to-know you meeting with a hiring manager. The second interview lasted about an hour and a half and was more postion-oriented. They asked questions about education and work and how it can be applied to the position. They then ask you to start cold-calling friends and family to gether 15 "leads". When this is done they will move you on to another interview where you review your work and investigate more about your potential with the firm. The final interview was to introduce you to life in the company and explain the start-up phase.

Interview Questions
  • Are you comfortable receiving rejection multiple times per day?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2019

Interview

Multiple interviews. First with a talent acquisition member, then with a senior adviser. The "interviews" really amount to question and answer with the interviewer. The success of the interviews and the job in general are completely dependent on the applicant.

Interview Questions
  • Questions focused on how outgoing you are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in Nov 2015

Interview

Was informative and well constructed. I wouldn't say it is a wealth management position unless you consider Insurance the beginning of every talk you have with a client. Seem to have a very good training program.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to get into this field?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015

Interview

Phone interview, asked to have a personality test to compliment the skills of the FA. This was followed by a 1 on 1 interview, the entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions
  • general questions, why you want to work here, strengths

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Aug 2011

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the Managing Director for the office. This was because I was a direct referral from one of the advisor's clients.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Charlotte, NC) in May 2011

Interview

Hired by an independent financial rep for their practice. Introduced by a mutual friend. Talked on the phone first and then met for a few hours. I learned about his practice and what the expectations would be.

6 people found this interview helpful