Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Latham, NY).

Interview

There are three interviews that comprise the interview process. The first interview is based on your personality. The second interview is based on your ability to generate a network. And the third interview is based on your ability to sit in front of people that you know to have financial planning conversations.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

College Financial Representative Interview

Interview

I was impressed with the thoroughness of the Interview. It was in three parts and included a test drive assignment. Asked everything from my childhood and family background to personal social relationships. Seems like they really do seek out high level candidates. I am a little skeptical about how they want you to use your own social contacts for sales.

Interview Questions

• What makes a person successful and how do you fit that despcription   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Logan, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very in depth for me. I had two phone call interviews. After the phone call interviews I got called into a group interview with two other interns so there was three of us all together. We asked questions and got the internship explained to us very well in depth to see if it was what we wanted to do. Then he scheduled is for a final interview the following week to allow us time to think on it and prepare a powerpoint presentation as well of why they should pick us in order to be part of the internship program. During this period we also did 10 surveys of friends and referrals in order to give us an idea of who we will be working with and how people answer. Very well put together process in order to find out who is serious about attempting this internship.

Interview Questions

• Why Northwestern Mutual?
      Why should they go with you?
      What sets you apart from others, what makes you different?
      Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Phone Interview. Interview was nice and offered a lot of information about the position and what it entails. Typical behavioral questions. Took about 40 minutes. The questions only lasted about 15 minutes and then we talked about compensation and how all of the interns get mentored and have a lot of guidance as long as they want it during the summer. Emphasized that hard workers can make a lot and have the most success.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I thought it was extremely unprofessional when during the interview process, they asked me to refer 5 of my classmates for the same position. I still have 2 steps left in the process, and my friends have already been contacted. I thought this was extremely rude.

Interview Questions

• What kind of qualities do you think someone needs to succeed at NWM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Toledo, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

3 interviews
    After 2nd one, you are required to come up with 15 names and survey 3 of those to get 10 names each.
    If they ask you for a 3rd interview, you will most likely be called in to work for them as long as you pass the life and health exam on time.

Interview Questions

• 3rd interview: What do you expect of us as college unit directors?
      3rd interview: Describe each day in your internship
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Austin, TX).

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. They will ask about your family and where you are located. The description of the internship seemed interesting. But was not clear what the intern would do. Turns out you will mostly be doing sales for insurance. Was not something I sign up for.

Interview Questions

• What are three words that describe your close friends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR representative led to an in-person interview with the head of the intern program. Finally had to complete a market survey by interviewing people in my network.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start an ice cream store who would you invite to try your ice cream?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate time of acceptance for the offer as well as the flexibility of work hours and starting time.

Financial College Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I spoke to college recruiter at a college career fair. I attended an informational session where group of college students were educated about the company: North Western Mutual.
    After that I scheduled one on one interview with the college recruiter. She was pretty unprofessional.
    The interview was held weekly asking many behavioral questions. They were expecting interns to sell insurance to family members and friends but I was not trying to sell things to people that i know.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to overcome your difficulties.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in for the first interview so far. I am newer to the area and I was told a "test" to show my success is to write names and numbers of people I could sell to (pretty much only in the state). No network= no pay.