Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Princeton, NJ) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied on NM's website and was contacted by a Recruiter at the Princeton office who invited me to attend an information session along with 20 other students where we were informed of the position and what the company was about with a powerpoint presentation and two employees conducted that. At the end of the session, we were handed a sheet with how interested we were in the position and based upon your interest level they emailed you to set up a one on one interview which was very basic and then you were invited to a follow up interview where you had to supply a list of 30-50 names through referrals based upon 5 different target markets and this was also another basic interview and once that was complete you would be notified in the coming days whether or not you got the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2018.

Interview

Interview is easy and they will hire you if you can talk to people. They sugarcoat it by getting you sucked in and then playing you hard. Make it sound a lot better than it is.

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It took a few months to get through the interview process because they hire by semesters. They tell you what the metrics are and how you need to do to reach them

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were in a difficult situation and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview was very conversational and easy. They asked questions about my family and my future goals. They seemed like they really cared about me as a and what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Elgin, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

Group interview. Gave a presentation on what it's like to work at the company, a basic rundown of the responsibilities of the position. The guy was very social and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Latham, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

There were three interviews, all with very friendly and professional interviewers. Enjoyed each one of them and was inspired by the environment and the people that I’ve met so far. They contact you shortly after the third interview and let you know if you’ve been accepted to go from an applicant to a candidate. If you become a candidate, you will then begin to prepare for your life and health brokers exam.

Interview Questions

• What’s your “why” as to why would you want to work as a financial rep for nwm.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a learning experience. They teach you about company culture and what not. Then ask you questions if you think you'll be a good fit. Overall, you learn about them and they learn about you.

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in September 2017.

Interview

Starts with personality quizzes online and then interviewed with 3 different people. First a recruiter, then the college unit leader, and lastly someone in HR for the office. Had to make a marketing plan before starting and then had to pass licensing exams out of pocket. Once you pass them you then get reimbursed.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was done in 3 stages.
    1. Screen interview (10 min phone call)
    2. In person interview
    3. Over the phone or in person interview to present your project

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your friends and family.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Norwood, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three interviews. First meeting with a Recruiter. Second, meeting with a College Unit Director. Then doing a Market Survey and bringing it back for the last interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to do a market survey for 5 people.   1 Answer