Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.5

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Phone Interview. Interview was nice and offered a lot of information about the position and what it entails. Typical behavioral questions. Took about 40 minutes. The questions only lasted about 15 minutes and then we talked about compensation and how all of the interns get mentored and have a lot of guidance as long as they want it during the summer. Emphasized that hard workers can make a lot and have the most success.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I thought it was extremely unprofessional when during the interview process, they asked me to refer 5 of my classmates for the same position. I still have 2 steps left in the process, and my friends have already been contacted. I thought this was extremely rude.

Interview Questions

• What kind of qualities do you think someone needs to succeed at NWM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Austin, TX).

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. They will ask about your family and where you are located. The description of the internship seemed interesting. But was not clear what the intern would do. Turns out you will mostly be doing sales for insurance. Was not something I sign up for.

Interview Questions

• What are three words that describe your close friends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR representative led to an in-person interview with the head of the intern program. Finally had to complete a market survey by interviewing people in my network.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start an ice cream store who would you invite to try your ice cream?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate time of acceptance for the offer as well as the flexibility of work hours and starting time.

Financial College Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I spoke to college recruiter at a college career fair. I attended an informational session where group of college students were educated about the company: North Western Mutual.
    After that I scheduled one on one interview with the college recruiter. She was pretty unprofessional.
    The interview was held weekly asking many behavioral questions. They were expecting interns to sell insurance to family members and friends but I was not trying to sell things to people that i know.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to overcome your difficulties.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in for the first interview so far. I am newer to the area and I was told a "test" to show my success is to write names and numbers of people I could sell to (pretty much only in the state). No network= no pay.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Bloomington, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

In-person interview with Recruiting Director. Very personal and in-depth questions. They want to know why you are interested in the position and the firm, whether you are willing to make phone calls, push yourselves to make a sale, or willing to commit to a full-time career there. Want you to recommend other students and be able to reach out to people you know to introduce their products and services.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply through school website, got call and interview on phone right away, and then go to info session, write what we know abt comp after the info session, called for interview after 1 week. I think there will be 3 rounds

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. The first was basic behavioral assessment with basic interview questions. The second was similar, just with another person. For the third and final stage, I had to do a presentation about myself and how I think I would fit into the company. Overall, it was a good experience. Everyone I met was nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Northwestern Mutual investments?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Worcester, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was more so just leaning about myself and my past experiences. After the second round they will ask you to do an assignment which is just surveying people you know and getting referrals. If you can complete that they will offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• How would other people describe you?   1 Answer