Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.5

266 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

First Interview was a group interview, which involved more information on the college program.

Second step consisted a personality assessment.

Third step was a one-on-one interview with the Recruiter focusing on behavioral & past experiences. There was also case studies that are designed for the recruiter to evaluate your thought process, and determine if you are coach-able.

Last step you have to conduct market surveys with people you know about their experiences with the financial services industry. Make sure when you meet with the Recruiter you have questions about the market survey process, and be ready to explain what you learned from the surveys. Try to ask for as many referrals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a coach/mentor you've had?

Tell me about yourself?

What has been the biggest challenge in your life?

Describe how you set big goals?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview to get to know you, then you get called into a group interview/information session to learn more the company. Didn't proceed with the process just because it wasn't my type of field. NWM is really cool though!

Anonymous Employee in Wall, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wall, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews and an on site interview. No technical questions, just want to see if your personality will do well in a sales role. They care much more about your involvement and if you seem to be an outgoing person compared to your academic background

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to build a network quickly and how you did so   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process begins by a person from NWM emailing you to set up a phone interview. If you move on, its a group meeting about what NWM can provide. They give you an assignment of contacting your friends and family to set up your clientele to begin your internship. I hated the idea of having to use my inner circle to make money. No clients, no money.

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Nothing too difficult just looking to get to know who you are as a person. The internship is not for everyone but can be a great experience for the right person.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Started off as a group information session over the phone. After that was emailing to set up an in-person interview with recruiter. This was followed by a second interview with college unit director.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge that you encountered in your life and how did you over come it.
      Are you comfortable with a 100% commission structure.
      How do you feel about calling people you know and talking about the work you do.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. There were three main phases of the interview. First, they asked questions regarding your character and beliefs. Culture is a big thing with this company. The second and third ask you to do a marketing survey to determine whether or not you have enough support around you in order to be successful.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Waterloo, IA) in June 2017.

Interview

They are extremely friendly and passionate and as long as you are too and complete the market survey and you worksheet they give you, you're set. It was very laid back and they made you feel welcome, not like you were an outsider.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

3 Interviews. Initial, one interviewer, informational and introductory(getting to know you)
    Second, mostly informational. Third, Really getting to know you and your fit. Testing basic knowledge. The third interview is the most important. It is where the decision is made. You will meet the main manager for the internship then and it is important to truly stand out here. Many apply to the internship as it is very prestigious.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you overcame a large obstacle in your life   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Latham, NY).

Interview

There are three interviews that comprise the interview process. The first interview is based on your personality. The second interview is based on your ability to generate a network. And the third interview is based on your ability to sit in front of people that you know to have financial planning conversations.