Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.5

255 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Nothing too difficult just looking to get to know who you are as a person. The internship is not for everyone but can be a great experience for the right person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. There were three main phases of the interview. First, they asked questions regarding your character and beliefs. Culture is a big thing with this company. The second and third ask you to do a marketing survey to determine whether or not you have enough support around you in order to be successful.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Waterloo, IA) in June 2017.

Interview

They are extremely friendly and passionate and as long as you are too and complete the market survey and you worksheet they give you, you're set. It was very laid back and they made you feel welcome, not like you were an outsider.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

3 Interviews. Initial, one interviewer, informational and introductory(getting to know you)
    Second, mostly informational. Third, Really getting to know you and your fit. Testing basic knowledge. The third interview is the most important. It is where the decision is made. You will meet the main manager for the internship then and it is important to truly stand out here. Many apply to the internship as it is very prestigious.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you overcame a large obstacle in your life   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Latham, NY).

Interview

There are three interviews that comprise the interview process. The first interview is based on your personality. The second interview is based on your ability to generate a network. And the third interview is based on your ability to sit in front of people that you know to have financial planning conversations.

College Financial Representative Interview

Interview

I was impressed with the thoroughness of the Interview. It was in three parts and included a test drive assignment. Asked everything from my childhood and family background to personal social relationships. Seems like they really do seek out high level candidates. I am a little skeptical about how they want you to use your own social contacts for sales.

Interview Questions

• What makes a person successful and how do you fit that despcription   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Logan, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very in depth for me. I had two phone call interviews. After the phone call interviews I got called into a group interview with two other interns so there was three of us all together. We asked questions and got the internship explained to us very well in depth to see if it was what we wanted to do. Then he scheduled is for a final interview the following week to allow us time to think on it and prepare a powerpoint presentation as well of why they should pick us in order to be part of the internship program. During this period we also did 10 surveys of friends and referrals in order to give us an idea of who we will be working with and how people answer. Very well put together process in order to find out who is serious about attempting this internship.

Interview Questions

• Why Northwestern Mutual?
      Why should they go with you?
      What sets you apart from others, what makes you different?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Three Phone Interviews, Very personality oriented. Focus on resume first two interviews. Ask what motivates you last one and make sure you are a motivated individual before they hire you.

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2017.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first one was with Human Resources, and it was basic behavioral questions. The second interview was with the mentor, and she explained what working there would be like. I then got homework to write down 60 people in my network and to fill out market surveys for six people. The last interview was to discuss the homework, and then I got offered the job.

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Phone Interview. Interview was nice and offered a lot of information about the position and what it entails. Typical behavioral questions. Took about 40 minutes. The questions only lasted about 15 minutes and then we talked about compensation and how all of the interns get mentored and have a lot of guidance as long as they want it during the summer. Emphasized that hard workers can make a lot and have the most success.