Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.5

260 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process begins by a person from NWM emailing you to set up a phone interview. If you move on, its a group meeting about what NWM can provide. They give you an assignment of contacting your friends and family to set up your clientele to begin your internship. I hated the idea of having to use my inner circle to make money. No clients, no money.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Nothing too difficult just looking to get to know who you are as a person. The internship is not for everyone but can be a great experience for the right person.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Started off as a group information session over the phone. After that was emailing to set up an in-person interview with recruiter. This was followed by a second interview with college unit director.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge that you encountered in your life and how did you over come it.
      Are you comfortable with a 100% commission structure.
      How do you feel about calling people you know and talking about the work you do.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. There were three main phases of the interview. First, they asked questions regarding your character and beliefs. Culture is a big thing with this company. The second and third ask you to do a marketing survey to determine whether or not you have enough support around you in order to be successful.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Waterloo, IA) in June 2017.

Interview

They are extremely friendly and passionate and as long as you are too and complete the market survey and you worksheet they give you, you're set. It was very laid back and they made you feel welcome, not like you were an outsider.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

3 Interviews. Initial, one interviewer, informational and introductory(getting to know you)
    Second, mostly informational. Third, Really getting to know you and your fit. Testing basic knowledge. The third interview is the most important. It is where the decision is made. You will meet the main manager for the internship then and it is important to truly stand out here. Many apply to the internship as it is very prestigious.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you overcame a large obstacle in your life   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Latham, NY).

Interview

There are three interviews that comprise the interview process. The first interview is based on your personality. The second interview is based on your ability to generate a network. And the third interview is based on your ability to sit in front of people that you know to have financial planning conversations.

College Financial Representative Interview

Interview

I was impressed with the thoroughness of the Interview. It was in three parts and included a test drive assignment. Asked everything from my childhood and family background to personal social relationships. Seems like they really do seek out high level candidates. I am a little skeptical about how they want you to use your own social contacts for sales.

Interview Questions

• What makes a person successful and how do you fit that despcription   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Logan, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very in depth for me. I had two phone call interviews. After the phone call interviews I got called into a group interview with two other interns so there was three of us all together. We asked questions and got the internship explained to us very well in depth to see if it was what we wanted to do. Then he scheduled is for a final interview the following week to allow us time to think on it and prepare a powerpoint presentation as well of why they should pick us in order to be part of the internship program. During this period we also did 10 surveys of friends and referrals in order to give us an idea of who we will be working with and how people answer. Very well put together process in order to find out who is serious about attempting this internship.

Interview Questions

• Why Northwestern Mutual?
      Why should they go with you?
      What sets you apart from others, what makes you different?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Three Phone Interviews, Very personality oriented. Focus on resume first two interviews. Ask what motivates you last one and make sure you are a motivated individual before they hire you.