Northwestern Mutual Finance Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 3.5K interviews

Campus Recruiting20%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Phone interview first-round with one person. Then following the phone interview was the next round which was an in-person super day with multiple people. Mix of behavioral questions and finance-related questions.

Interview Questions
  • What are the three financial statements?
    Answer Question

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Difficult they asked a lot of HR related questions and nothing that really had to do with the position or qualifications that you have. Seemed like fair compensation though. And it is in a good location.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in Dec 2020

Interview

3 interviews: The first one was on the phone. Overall, it was good. Lots of questions about me as a person and my motivations. They seemed like a good company with good people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

the first interview is a phone call and then you are invited to a group interview which is really just a presentation style meeting with other students where they pitch their internship program to you. I decided to not continue with the process after this.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter, general questions to get to know me and my background and space to ask questions about the company. Good to know information about the company beforehand.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN) in Sep 2020

Interview

it was a phone interview that went okay, they are looking for very very specific people who can do their tasks well. its more of a full time job than an internship it sounds like

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Denver, CO) in Apr 2020

Interview

From the get go they try to make it seem like it’s a top tier program. Obviously I was skeptical, but decided to continue the interview. After getting through it they let me know the next step is to provide a list of hundreds of prospective leads to sell life insurance policies to. Don’t waste your time with this company, they only want interns for their sales leads.

Interview Questions
  • What has been a hardship you have overcome?

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Skokie, IL) in Nov 2019

Interview

They ask questions. You answer. You get the job. Do decline. If you want to sell, this is the right job for you. If you want to be in financial services, find somewhere else :)

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral- What was a problem you faced and how did you solve this situation?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in Aug 2009

Interview

I received a phone invitation to an interview. At the interview I was asked about my passed achievements and previous work experience. It was an unpaid college credit internship, so it wasn't hard to get.

Interview Questions
  • What is the skill that you have learnt from your passed employment that qualifies you for the internship.
RSS Feed</>Embed