Northwestern Mutual Finance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Finance Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 2 rounds of interviews. casual based.. no technical questions. Basically asked my background information, why like finance, and why NM. I applied through college website, and one HR contacted me. I went to the office for the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very formal and very professional. I didn't like the fact I dealt with four different people but I did like all of them. I would have preferred I was told details on the first or second meeting rather than the last. Found out it was an insurance sales spot to try and sell to all people you know and then cold call everyone imaginable. Not finance, not a good step to being in money management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lawrence, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Ask some questions about u. And provide information that help u to understand the company. The HR Will bring a paper that shows all the question. And will select some questions from the paper

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Spokane, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

Initial interview: first a phone interview and then they brought me into house for personal interview. Felt like a sales pitch to join. It is not a Finance internship but rather a sales internship. The interview was basically around how you will be trained and then entered into the personal sales industry.

Finance Interview

Interview

I applied online and I got the interview call within 10 days. It was a screening interview and questions were not asked in detail? It was just a background check and see if I met the minimum qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to work? Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The interview process is basically one big sham to bring in new customers into the company. They tell you they don't do cold-calling, and hint in the first interview that they expect friends and family to become your customers. At the end they asked me of 3 friends that would also be interested in this "internship." For a "highly" competitive internship like they say it is, they are desperate to bring in more clients. In the second interview, they asked for 100 people that I know that could be customers and asked me to list them with their numbers/emails attached. I walked out of the recruitment process right there. They still call my friends asking if they would like to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name 100 people that you can have as your potential clients.   Answer Question