Northwestern Mutual Financial Adviser Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 3.5K interviews

Applied online25%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Houston, TX) in Jan 2021

Interview

Multiple interviews- started with basic questions and sent me home with homework of reaching out to friends and family about their insurance needs to see if me working with them would be something they’d be interested in - as a way to test if working in that industry was the right fit for me.

Interview Questions
  • Who is someone I looked up to and why.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wellesley, MA) in Apr 2019

Interview

Very smooth and fast. The hiring manager was friendly and professional. They do a great job of making you feel that you are entering into a corporate finance profession when in fact it is a sales profession which is largely masked as a corporate career.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tampa, FL) in Nov 2018

Interview

Had a phone call from a recruit manager and set the first interview with him. They sent me email to access Harrison assessment and one other personality test to finish right after the first interview. I passed the tests and had a second an hour and half long in-depth interview with the district manager. It was a friendly and enjoyable interview. I got a homework to prospect and meet up 50 people in 2 weeks after the second interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

first round phone interview (informational and behaviornal), second round, which is also regular behavioral interview.. third round ( last round. everyone was super friendly and helpful. i felt a great support system

Interview Questions
  • What characteristics would be helpful for a position at northwestern mutual

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in Aug 2017

Interview

took three weeks, Small phone interview and then in person interview with a financial advisor, questions about your experience and school work, nothing too bad, overall very easy and they really want to get to know you, heard back 3 weeks after offering the position to me, had to get background check and fingerprinted beforehand

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

5 interviews along with a Culture index. They really want to make sure you can fit into the job itself. not everybody can do it. the company is 160 years old. they have seen it all and know exactly what they are looking for

Interview Questions
  • can you call 100 people today get 100 no's and call 100 more tomorrow?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in Oct 2016

Interview

Fairly easy interview process with generic interview questions and friendly recruiters. They sell the position as being a top internship that allows you to help others while you get an outside of the class room experience. What they leave out of their description is that the position is actually an insurance sales position only. There is no cold calling for this job, so you have to find your clients based off of a list of your family and friends. Personally , when I found this out it sounded like hell, but it ultimately depends on you're own personality and what type of job you're looking for.

Interview Questions
  • Would you have a problem with having family and friends as your clients?
1 person found this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Dec 2013

Interview

Started off by going to an information session and signing up for an interview slot. Met with interviewer and was asked to interview 5 people that you know to see if you are familiar asking people about their finances. I then called the interviewer back after I finished these 5 interviews and came in to talk again. During this interview, I was assigned a task to call 5 former interns and develop a set of questions to ask them. After getting all 5 to answer, call back interviewer and set another date to come in. On this third interview in the office, met with the Chief Development Officer for the Dallas area. We talked about what my goals were and where I would like to go in my career. He told me to really think about whether I really wanted to be a part of this internship or not and call him back the next day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed