Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 3.5K interviews

Recruiter14%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Roseville, CA) in May 2021

Interview

They started off asking about my upbringing and then why I wanted to go into financial advising. They then described the internship. They then asked if I had any questions about the internship and finally scheduled a second interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your upbringing and how your parents have affected you.
    Answer Question

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

There were several rounds of interviews but they were all professional but made you feel relaxed. They asked questions about how well can you network with other people in a professional sense. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview process was super easy to schedule, and I talked with one of the people for over an hour, while discussing the role and what I thought it was versus what it is.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think this job entails? What do you know about this position? Why do you think this position is a good fit for you? Considering this role involves making connections and being able to put yourself out there, is this job right for you?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

I had a 45 minute phone call with a recruiter that was extremely personable and helpful. She described the position to me and gave me a chance to explain myself and what they needed to know about me.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Very laid back interview, with limited questions. It was more of a “get to know who you are” type of interview with a casual conversation. Did not get asked many questions, because the interviewer was basically trying to sell me the company and their values

Interview Questions
  • What high school did you go to? Would you fit in well with our team?

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Stamford, CT) in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview process was easy and very informative. There were 3 separate interviews the last being in person. Both employees were very nice and did a great job explaining the position. The in-person interview was more of a get to know each other and I was then offered the internship.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Overall it was a really nice experience. The interviewer was so kind and fun which made the interview process not so serious but a fun experience. Applied through LinkedIn​ and received a ​phone call after about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

They were very kind and worked inside a beautiful office. It was very professional. However, they wanted me to bring a list of 50 family members or friends for a list to sell life insurance to upon starting. It was unnecessary and eventually a failing model.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Erie, PA) in Oct 2019

Interview

3 parts, they will ask you to give a presentation and set meetings with family and friends during interview process. Interviewers are very nice and personable. Interview is not tough, but they are testing you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Jose, CA)

Interview

The interview is very easy and outgoing, mostly just questions based on your experience and knowledge. I would say there're 2 interview steps, but the meeting is 3. First one is with the recruiter, he/she wants to get to know you better, easy questions, mostly ask about yourself and your previous experience, do some research about the company and what do you think the job is. Next interview is with a higher up person, he/she will then talk to your more in depth about the job. Do some research and ask the interviewer as much questions as you can. If he/she likes you, then you get an assignment. Nothing too hard, you just have to meet at least 5 people, ask some questions (about yourself). It's not graded or anything, so take it easy. You come back in the next meeting, show it to that person and you talk a little bit more. If they think you're qualified for the job, they'll give you a call in a couple days

Interview Questions
  • Nothing to difficult. It's straight forward and really easy. It's mostly from your own experience
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews