Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

I met with the hiring recruiter, very professional,straight forward questions. Also met with the director, she worked with me to truly understand if this was the right position for me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The company will hire you regardless because they have nothing to lose when they pay no base. So the idea for them is to play the numbers game recruiting wise. The more they recruit, regardless of employee retention or not, the more they increase revenues. To have potential recruits not walk they create a deeply unnecessary interview process to increase the likelihood of potential recruits staying. It's a bubbled reality designed to portray a supposed process as actual. The reality is that this works to their advantage toward increasing retention. The idea is that you put so much in (including training whether necessary or not) that you'd feel a sense of loss if you did not stick it through with the company to stay and continue. I personally take the whole practice to be deeply dishonest and disrespectful. Honesty is important.

Interview Questions

• Do you know 10 people you can get in front of to pitch our financial products?   Answer Question

Honesty is important.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks total. Phone screen followed by an two on site interviews. In between the two on-site interviews they have you complete a project 100, to determine if and what type of personal connections could become clients.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rejection (as it related to prospecting and cold calling)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Met with a recruiter on the phone and then met with the Managing Director. We discussed the career and the opportunity. First year income was slightly exaggerated but I'm still here and happy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Provo, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Very professional, looking for applicants with a desire to learn and grow in the financial world. The process was a total of two interviews and two assignments. One interview, then the two assignments, and then the second interview. Interviewers were very nice and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Series of interviews. First was invited for a group interview and presentation then had a one on one interview with hiring director. Was invited then to another presentation with others applying for the intern position where we watched videos and learned more about the position. Have final and last interview next week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Findlay, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

The company took a quick response for the interview. The recruiter have a interview with me by phone, and ask me some questions about selling financial products. In addition, the company hopes each candidate would have wide relationships in the community.

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Logan, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with multiple people from the office where i would work, to the CDO and Managing Partner. We talked a lot about how this job is difficult but very rewarding. Working with lots of different people as a FA and receiving lots of support from the home office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Basically talked about how I got to where I was and where I wanted to be. Then wanted me to get a bunch of names and numbers to prove I could do it and come back. A lot of information they gave and told me seemed to be to good to be true. After talking with many people that's exactly what it was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was rather quick and simple. There are 4 stages. They truly want you to become a leader so they have a lot of pre-hiring programs that set you up for leadership within the company. The people are young and rather attentive to your needs. They contact via email and are very personable.

Interview Questions

• What are your strong attributes?   1 Answer