Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.4

141 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sioux Falls, SD) in July 2017.

Interview

Everyone was very welcoming. The interview process was very comfortable. The first interview they ask you basic interview questions. The second and third weren't so much as an interview as a high level job overview.

Interview Questions

• What are you're future personal, financial and career goals in 5 and 10 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I went in for an interview and it seemed with the recruiter. She was OK, but was not as knowledgeable about the position, products, and software's used as I wish she would have been. All in all it was OK.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Albany, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn. I called the number the recruiter provided and set up an interview time. The first interview was NM selling themselves to me and showing me what the top guys make and pumping up my ego for the job. They asked for names of friends to contact at the end and set up a second interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical interview questions. Similar to "What are your strengths?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sioux Falls, SD) in June 2017.

Interview

I have only talked with the recruiter, she gave me a lot of information on how the company operates. She said that I interviewed well and was a perfect candidate. I have completed the personality tests and now am scheduled for my second meeting tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest dissapointment you wish you could change in your past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 3 interviews total for me.
    The first one was just an informational interview where they told us how it would all work.
    The second one I had to prepare a presentation to the recruiter and pretty much show why I wanted the internship.
    The final interview I met with a more senior associate who had the final say if I would get the position.

Interview Questions

• Am I more of a social person or one that likes to work with numbers.   Answer Question
    • Did I have any entrepreneurial ideas or ever want to start something.   Answer Question
    • Tell them a little bit about myself and why I wanted to join Northwestern.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Portland, OR).

Interview

Four interview process that consists of a phone screening, an in-person interview with the recruiter, a second in-person interview with a senior person at the location, and the final interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Omaha, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty misleading process in the early stages. Company misrepresents it's standing and prestige. Salary expectations are wildy exaggerated. Culture within the company is not one of professionalism or integrity. Notthwestern Mutual is a small sweaty commission chasing wannabe. Definitely fools gold, not Goldman Sachs.

Interview Questions

• How do feel about being paid a salary of less than $20,000 a year just so you can call yourself a Financial Advisor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone call and in person interview I wouldn't reccomend it's a lot of cold calling too old school and the lack of pay is obnoxious no offense to anyone who works there I personally can't afford to mooch off someone to make a bare minimum living

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Met with a recruiter on the phone and then met with the Managing Director. We discussed the career and the opportunity. First year income was slightly exaggerated but I'm still here and happy.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

I met with the hiring recruiter, very professional,straight forward questions. Also met with the director, she worked with me to truly understand if this was the right position for me.