Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.3

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The office in Manhattan on park ave., I entered and was greeted by the front desk to fill out a in-take form. Sat in the waiting room being 20 minutes early, I saw two candidates get taken in for interviews. The lobby is very nice, great office space.

I was greeted by hiring manager Caitlin, she was pleasantly outgoing. She went over my past experience, wanted to know what I had been doing since I graduated and what I wanted in a role. Very conversational lasted about 45 minutes and presented the personality test to me. She went over what the test results were and how they were good for sales lead role and called me back for a second interview.

The second round interview met with one of the managers. He was hesitant at first, he had a notepad to list what I wanted to talk about, before engaging in any conversation. He went over what the role was, how the structure of the company and then broke down in a presentation the numbers of what is needed to succeed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Logan, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with multiple people from the office where i would work, to the CDO and Managing Partner. We talked a lot about how this job is difficult but very rewarding. Working with lots of different people as a FA and receiving lots of support from the home office.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Series of interviews. First was invited for a group interview and presentation then had a one on one interview with hiring director. Was invited then to another presentation with others applying for the intern position where we watched videos and learned more about the position. Have final and last interview next week

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring process at Northwestern Mutual consist of 4-5 interviews. You being dealing with developmental officer and then finish up with CFO of that particular branch. You must complete a survey of 10 people for them to make it past the 3rd interview within a timely manner as well pass multiple personality tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

First you submit a resume, they then call you describing your position. Then you have a one on one interview with HR associate. After the first interview you are given a personality test to take online. If you pass the test you are called back for a second interview in which you are given forms to be filled out by your "network" (potential clients) at which point I declined the position as I didn't want to harrass family and friends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Initial phone call interview which turned into several in person interviews. Terrific interview experience and everyone was really friendly. Meet with the HR manager first followed by several interviews with the manager and employees that work in the same role.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself and experiences. Really great questions, not the usual standard hr questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially a phone interview - behavioral. Second in person interview (still behavioral) at the local office and then final case like interview submitted within a week or so after the final round interview.

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Farmington, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a little bit differently because I had to do a presentation. The presentation was more or less selling myself and why both myself and the company would be a mutual fit. Just more or less what a normal interview would be like but done in the form of a presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

They gave me a paper to list my friends that would be interested in the “opportunity” to sell insurance. After they saw that I had left it blank, the interviewer really just politely dismissed me.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

on campus and then 2 interviews after so 3 total. First is very laid back and getting to know each other. Second and third are exploring more to see if its a mutual fit

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company? What do you know about us?   Answer Question