Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The office in Manhattan on park ave., I entered and was greeted by the front desk to fill out a in-take form. Sat in the waiting room being 20 minutes early, I saw two candidates get taken in for interviews. The lobby is very nice, great office space.

I was greeted by hiring manager Caitlin, she was pleasantly outgoing. She went over my past experience, wanted to know what I had been doing since I graduated and what I wanted in a role. Very conversational lasted about 45 minutes and presented the personality test to me. She went over what the test results were and how they were good for sales lead role and called me back for a second interview.

The second round interview met with one of the managers. He was hesitant at first, he had a notepad to list what I wanted to talk about, before engaging in any conversation. He went over what the role was, how the structure of the company and then broke down in a presentation the numbers of what is needed to succeed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Logan, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with multiple people from the office where i would work, to the CDO and Managing Partner. We talked a lot about how this job is difficult but very rewarding. Working with lots of different people as a FA and receiving lots of support from the home office.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Series of interviews. First was invited for a group interview and presentation then had a one on one interview with hiring director. Was invited then to another presentation with others applying for the intern position where we watched videos and learned more about the position. Have final and last interview next week

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring process at Northwestern Mutual consist of 4-5 interviews. You being dealing with developmental officer and then finish up with CFO of that particular branch. You must complete a survey of 10 people for them to make it past the 3rd interview within a timely manner as well pass multiple personality tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

First you submit a resume, they then call you describing your position. Then you have a one on one interview with HR associate. After the first interview you are given a personality test to take online. If you pass the test you are called back for a second interview in which you are given forms to be filled out by your "network" (potential clients) at which point I declined the position as I didn't want to harrass family and friends.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2017.

Interview

3 interviews that take less than a half hour each. They started off getting to know me, then in depth of how I could handle people, and then showed me what they were doing

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Basically, there was a part involving a college meet up, there was a phone screening, then an in person interview, then an offer but it just was not for me.

Interview Questions

• What is most important to you in life   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

I met with the hiring recruiter, very professional,straight forward questions. Also met with the director, she worked with me to truly understand if this was the right position for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Provo, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Very professional, looking for applicants with a desire to learn and grow in the financial world. The process was a total of two interviews and two assignments. One interview, then the two assignments, and then the second interview. Interviewers were very nice and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Poughkeepsie, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is easy and done in a professional/relaxed environment. It is nothing to be too stressed about. Just like any interview process, come prepared with questions. The interviewer is friendly and more than happy to answer any questions or doubts you might have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question