Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.3

147 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard but also comfortable. Arranged interview over email. Came into office and met with an hr person in a separate conference room. After interview wanted me to come in for a brainstorming activity and write a paper.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and about my precious experiences   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

First interview is very easy, just an informational interview. Very friendly recruiters.
    However, I was canceled on for my first scheduled interview very last minute and when I showed up for the rescheduled interview, my interviewer was not there and they had to find a random recruiter to interview me.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First I received a text message from the recruiter, then a LinkedIn connection request, then we set up an informational interview, and then another interview, and lastly a survey that was to be completed, and the process ended with a job proposal.

Interview Questions

• They asked about life goals and where I would like to see myself in 5 years and what kind of life would I have at that point in time   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

on campus and then 2 interviews after so 3 total. First is very laid back and getting to know each other. Second and third are exploring more to see if its a mutual fit

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company? What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First interview, was a "get to know me" interview. It was more of a conversation to get to know me more and what my goals were. They also told me more about the company and the role I would be in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Buffalo, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Simple interview questions but overall positive experience. Great opportunity for the right person with the right personality. Consists of phone interview and four in office interviews with recruiter and managing director

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone call and in person interview I wouldn't reccomend it's a lot of cold calling too old school and the lack of pay is obnoxious no offense to anyone who works there I personally can't afford to mooch off someone to make a bare minimum living

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I went in for an interview and it seemed with the recruiter. She was OK, but was not as knowledgeable about the position, products, and software's used as I wish she would have been. All in all it was OK.

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sioux Falls, SD) in July 2017.

Interview

Everyone was very welcoming. The interview process was very comfortable. The first interview they ask you basic interview questions. The second and third weren't so much as an interview as a high level job overview.

Interview Questions

• What are you're future personal, financial and career goals in 5 and 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 3 interviews total for me.
    The first one was just an informational interview where they told us how it would all work.
    The second one I had to prepare a presentation to the recruiter and pretty much show why I wanted the internship.
    The final interview I met with a more senior associate who had the final say if I would get the position.

Interview Questions

• Am I more of a social person or one that likes to work with numbers.   Answer Question
    • Did I have any entrepreneurial ideas or ever want to start something.   Answer Question
    • Tell them a little bit about myself and why I wanted to join Northwestern.   Answer Question