Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks total. Phone screen followed by an two on site interviews. In between the two on-site interviews they have you complete a project 100, to determine if and what type of personal connections could become clients.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rejection (as it related to prospecting and cold calling)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Logan, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with multiple people from the office where i would work, to the CDO and Managing Partner. We talked a lot about how this job is difficult but very rewarding. Working with lots of different people as a FA and receiving lots of support from the home office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Findlay, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

The company took a quick response for the interview. The recruiter have a interview with me by phone, and ask me some questions about selling financial products. In addition, the company hopes each candidate would have wide relationships in the community.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Series of interviews. First was invited for a group interview and presentation then had a one on one interview with hiring director. Was invited then to another presentation with others applying for the intern position where we watched videos and learned more about the position. Have final and last interview next week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Provo, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Very professional, looking for applicants with a desire to learn and grow in the financial world. The process was a total of two interviews and two assignments. One interview, then the two assignments, and then the second interview. Interviewers were very nice and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They have 3 rounds of interview. The first round is talking to the one who emailed you, going through the resume and talk about their company. If you are interested. You will get to the next round. The manager will talk to you. Then in the 3rd round, they will talk about details

Interview Questions

It's all sales commission based salary. They only give you 5k as a beginner. Then you have to pass an exam to become insurance sales person. And then after one year. You need to pass another test, so you can become the financial advisor. You need pre-pay all the exam cost. And have to pass the exam in order to get the money back from the company. If you are really good at selling and have a good communication skill and strong social net work. Try it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Poughkeepsie, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is easy and done in a professional/relaxed environment. It is nothing to be too stressed about. Just like any interview process, come prepared with questions. The interviewer is friendly and more than happy to answer any questions or doubts you might have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

It is extensive. They do try to give you a glimpse of the every day life as a Financial Representative. There are minimum of 3 interviews. You also have a couple of assignments to help determine your market place and capacity to do the job. After all of the background checks and assignments are done, you will have to try and get as many of your licenses before you report to sales school.

Interview Questions

• What I knew of Northwestern Mutual and the opportunity that I applied for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

4 different interviews with assignments. First Interview was just an in person interview where they described the company and the internship. The second interview I had to bring in a list of all my friends and family to show them how big my network is. Third I had to call 4 people on my list and ask them questions that they prepared. The last was a powerpoint presentation in front of 4 people.

Interview Questions

• What does your network look like   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

There's a 4-5 step interviewing process, basically you are being recruited to sell life insurance. They entice you with a 6k signing bonus but there is no base salary so if you don't like selling and cold calling it may not be the place for you. If you are okay with living off commission alone then give it a try. They do offer to sponsor you for licensing and training which is a plus.