Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

There's a 4-5 step interviewing process, basically you are being recruited to sell life insurance. They entice you with a 6k signing bonus but there is no base salary so if you don't like selling and cold calling it may not be the place for you. If you are okay with living off commission alone then give it a try. They do offer to sponsor you for licensing and training which is a plus.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Series of interviews. First was invited for a group interview and presentation then had a one on one interview with hiring director. Was invited then to another presentation with others applying for the intern position where we watched videos and learned more about the position. Have final and last interview next week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The company will hire you regardless because they have nothing to lose when they pay no base. So the idea for them is to play the numbers game recruiting wise. The more they recruit, regardless of employee retention or not, the more they increase revenues. To have potential recruits not walk they create a deeply unnecessary interview process to increase the likelihood of potential recruits staying. It's a bubbled reality designed to portray a supposed process as actual. The reality is that this works to their advantage toward increasing retention. The idea is that you put so much in (including training whether necessary or not) that you'd feel a sense of loss if you did not stick it through with the company to stay and continue. I personally take the whole practice to be deeply dishonest and disrespectful. Honesty is important.

Interview Questions

• Do you know 10 people you can get in front of to pitch our financial products?   Answer Question

Honesty is important.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

4 different interviews with assignments. First Interview was just an in person interview where they described the company and the internship. The second interview I had to bring in a list of all my friends and family to show them how big my network is. Third I had to call 4 people on my list and ask them questions that they prepared. The last was a powerpoint presentation in front of 4 people.

Interview Questions

• What does your network look like   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Four rounds of interviews. They say that you can bring your family with you to the last interview (so they can sell life insurance to them). I was immediately turned off by their tactic and red flags shot up. I will not going to sell financial products to my family and friends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The initial visit was an in-person interview at the office. Its purpose is to see whether we are a mutual fit. After sharing my experiences, the interviewer pitched the company's strengths as well. People with no prior licensing can only sell insurance at the beginning. The interviewer was approachable. It was an overall good experience, but the job is not for me.

Interview Questions

• What other companies in the industry do you know?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2016.

Interview

Gave me a phone call to set a phone interview next week. Though the interview, I noticed this job is nothing about financial, it is more like sales.This job does not have a base salary, and this job does not sponsor H1B, she can not offer this job to me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called me to conduct the initial phone interview. Then, she went through my resume and ask some behavior questions. Eg: What do you know about our company? why do you chose to become a financial adviser? Do you need sponsorship?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Basically talked about how I got to where I was and where I wanted to be. Then wanted me to get a bunch of names and numbers to prove I could do it and come back. A lot of information they gave and told me seemed to be to good to be true. After talking with many people that's exactly what it was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was rather quick and simple. There are 4 stages. They truly want you to become a leader so they have a lot of pre-hiring programs that set you up for leadership within the company. The people are young and rather attentive to your needs. They contact via email and are very personable.

Interview Questions

• What are your strong attributes?   1 Answer