Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.3

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I went in for an interview and it seemed with the recruiter. She was OK, but was not as knowledgeable about the position, products, and software's used as I wish she would have been. All in all it was OK.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

First interview is very easy, just an informational interview. Very friendly recruiters.
    However, I was canceled on for my first scheduled interview very last minute and when I showed up for the rescheduled interview, my interviewer was not there and they had to find a random recruiter to interview me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Albany, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn. I called the number the recruiter provided and set up an interview time. The first interview was NM selling themselves to me and showing me what the top guys make and pumping up my ego for the job. They asked for names of friends to contact at the end and set up a second interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical interview questions. Similar to "What are your strengths?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sioux Falls, SD) in June 2017.

Interview

I have only talked with the recruiter, she gave me a lot of information on how the company operates. She said that I interviewed well and was a perfect candidate. I have completed the personality tests and now am scheduled for my second meeting tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest dissapointment you wish you could change in your past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 3 interviews total for me.
    The first one was just an informational interview where they told us how it would all work.
    The second one I had to prepare a presentation to the recruiter and pretty much show why I wanted the internship.
    The final interview I met with a more senior associate who had the final say if I would get the position.

Interview Questions

• Am I more of a social person or one that likes to work with numbers.   Answer Question
    • Did I have any entrepreneurial ideas or ever want to start something.   Answer Question
    • Tell them a little bit about myself and why I wanted to join Northwestern.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I really liked the interview process, felt very much like a series of conversations, as opposed to interviews. I really enjoyed the people there, as well as the conversations. The job wasn't the right fit for me, as it was 100% commission. Company has a great culture!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Portland, OR).

Interview

Four interview process that consists of a phone screening, an in-person interview with the recruiter, a second in-person interview with a senior person at the location, and the final interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone call and in person interview I wouldn't reccomend it's a lot of cold calling too old school and the lack of pay is obnoxious no offense to anyone who works there I personally can't afford to mooch off someone to make a bare minimum living

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Farmington, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a little bit differently because I had to do a presentation. The presentation was more or less selling myself and why both myself and the company would be a mutual fit. Just more or less what a normal interview would be like but done in the form of a presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Met with a recruiter on the phone and then met with the Managing Director. We discussed the career and the opportunity. First year income was slightly exaggerated but I'm still here and happy.