Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.3

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called me to conduct the initial phone interview. Then, she went through my resume and ask some behavior questions. Eg: What do you know about our company? why do you chose to become a financial adviser? Do you need sponsorship?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was rather quick and simple. There are 4 stages. They truly want you to become a leader so they have a lot of pre-hiring programs that set you up for leadership within the company. The people are young and rather attentive to your needs. They contact via email and are very personable.

Interview Questions

• What are your strong attributes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks total. Phone screen followed by an two on site interviews. In between the two on-site interviews they have you complete a project 100, to determine if and what type of personal connections could become clients.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rejection (as it related to prospecting and cold calling)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard but also comfortable. Arranged interview over email. Came into office and met with an hr person in a separate conference room. After interview wanted me to come in for a brainstorming activity and write a paper.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and about my precious experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me to schedule a in person interview with her. Interview was pleasant, she took many notes and asked questions about my resume. SHe also asked me if I was a part of any clubs or programs back in college.

Interview Questions

• I want to get to know you, how long have you been living in the bay area?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Apply online for the position of financial advisor ( Bilingual Chinese Speaking ) and get phone interview by HR.
    About one hour and questions are about the backgrounds and the working experience.
    Questions are not very hard.

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Duluth, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Found Northwestern Mutual at a college job fair. The recruiter seemed really passionate and excited about the company which made me want to learn more. She invited me to a interview and it took 45 minutes. It was just simple questions about customer service, your goals, and personality. At the end she explained the program and what it was all about. Then asked if I was still interested, and if i was, I had to contact her to set up another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very confusing. I came into the office closest to my university and interviewed there and was told that I would be reccommended to other offices across the state with no contact information given for other offices that I would potentially be working at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and soon was called to schedule an interview. The interview was 1-on-1, and I was also introduced to some other staff members. It was only during the interview that I learned that it was going to be an all-commission (no base salary) sales activity by cold-calling individuals (not businesses) and that I would have to start with my personal network of people. Some days later, I had to fill out an online personality quiz which took me over an hour. After that, I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you know personally that you could call to try and sell them our products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Easy going, they explained everything very well, I understood exactly what the job was and what had to be done. The interviewer asked good questions to see where my future is looking toward and where I aimed to be. Overall I enjoyed the process and looked forward to the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment in the past ten years?   Answer Question