Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 3.5K interviews

Recruiter15%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Charlotte, NC)

Interview

The person I interviewed with was a younger man and was nice enough. He asked what my plans after college were, I told him very vague things. The office I went to was somewhat busy and it was at decent office building in Charlotte, NC. I ended up getting a different internship shortly after the interview, but even if I hadn't I probably wouldn't have worked here.

Interview Questions
  • What are you plans after college? Do you have an interest in investment options and financial advisory?
    Answer Question

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

seemed very nice at first. But when I got into the process more and more they only really seemed to care about recruiting more people. Whatever you do. Do not take the bate.

Interview Questions
  • What are some more people you can recruit?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

A few rounds of interviews and a project in which you find potential clients who would be interested in Financial Advising while you display your networking skills. All of the interviewers are very kind and were very helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

There were at least 3 interviews in the hiring process. simple process but in depth questions at each interview that took place. due to covid alot of them were via zoom or over the phone

Interview Questions
  • what is your goal to learn from the opportunity of the position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in Mar 2021

Interview

3 total interviews, very laid back easy to talk to. sales oriented job, seems as if they want to just give you the job, all commission based so don`t expect a salary. Overall good experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Overall, very insightful. Very welcoming and honest about the job description. I received positive feedback about my interview. the interviewer was sweet and gave their personal experience at how they ended up working in the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH) in Nov 2020

Interview

I was contacted to set up an interview a couple days after I applied. The interviewer asked me about myself, did a 15 minute presentation on the company, and asked if I had any questions. She then told me it was up to me whether or not we scheduled a second interview. I decided not to pursue it any further.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in Aug 2020

Interview

They asked for a list of my contacts and their information before employment. Seemed like they were just using me for my information. It was a waste of time because it was multiple interviews totaling over 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have enough connections to start a book in ____ city.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cold Spring, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cold Spring, CO) in Mar 2020

Interview

Very formal: First they start with a phone interview. I’m pretty sure they had a copy of my resume and were just asking basic resume questions. After they invite you into their local office to speak with a recruiter. She talks about Northwestern, the internship and then the compensation. To pass the internship you are required to sell “10 lives.” Northwestern refers to a policy as a life. Essentially all you sell are 10 life insurance policies. This is all with fixed compensation and the only work you do is bring your contacts to Northwestern. For as much work as you put in this is one of the least paying internships out there. They guarantee $100 a week for showing up to a meeting, however the rest is on how well the “clients” you bring to them buy the policies. This is an easy industry to get started in I would probably not spend a summer doing this.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

The interview process consisted of two parts. The first interview was with the HR manager and was mainly informative about the position. The second part in the process was the actual interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews