Find jobs for Financial Analyst

Northwestern Mutual Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 3.5K interviews

Employee Referral7%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

They have you go through a lot of rounds to see if you would fit in the role. You meet with at least three different people before getting an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Who would you help with financial planning?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Jose, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

Clear and precise. It was a great interview. Felt at ease and understood. 3 step process. Quick in calling back. 2nd stage of interview is a personality test to see if you are a good match for job. The industry is not for everyone so a great way to see if it makes sense to continue.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you applying for this job? Who are some of your role models? What makes you want to get out of bed each morning, what motivates you?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Nov 2020

Interview

The role is more insurance sales based, as opposed to what was advertised. I have heard people find success in this role, but not ideal if you want to do more quantitative work.

Interview Questions
  • How many people do you know personallu who you could sell insurance to?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

It was interesting, seemed like they only wanted to know my connections rather than what I've done. Left the interview with mixed thoughts, wasn't too bad of an interview though.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Washington, DC) in Sep 2020

Interview

Easy and quick but they are mainly looking for pipelines to run their business. The steps involving the interview is quick and students encouraged to work in finance will easily break through this.

Interview Questions
  • What type of person are you when dealing with a group of anonymous people?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2020

Interview

Was very lengthy and involved driving down from where I was going to school to the Twin Cities 4 times. Kept getting referred to other people because the job I wanted to do was not being overseen by the person interviewing me

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA) in Feb 2020

Interview

was a good interview in boston last year. It was hard. I drove my truck into the city and had a hard time finding parking. Im doing this just to use the website

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Irvine, CA) in Feb 2020

Interview

Talk to a recruiter about yourself and your experience to see if you are trainable and a viable candidate to recruit for their highly demanding deliverables. Interviewer used pre-approved/scripted language and examples to talk about the company, its culture and expectations -- felt a little ingenuine.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in Feb 2020

Interview

There was a 3-step selection process, first interview with a recruiter, followed by a company analyst, and lastly with the branch manager. A personality test was administered and reviewed with by the manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in Feb 2020

Interview

Office one on one interview. They called me met at the office with HR representatives and went through behavioral and analytical questions. They asked a lot of questions about my network because you basically have to sell financial services to your network

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Interviews