Northwestern Mutual Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

2.3

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First it was a 30min phone interview. Then I was offered to come to the office to speak with a director. At the end of the interview I was assigned a project to complete for them in a week. I then came back to the office with my project and I was told to expect a call from them in the next two days regardless of consideration. I was then called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why Northwestern Mutual?   Answer Question
  • What do you think you would have the most difficulty with during this internship?   Answer Question
  • What can I answer for you?   1 Answer
  • How would you handle being denied a sale on the phone?   Answer Question
  • What kind of skills do you think this internship will help you progress with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Irvine, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very casual interview process, if you get to the second round they send you a questionnaire that gives them a better sense of whether or not you are suited for the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

1. Is multi-tasking skill that is required for this job?
    2. What is the typical job-interview process at the company? How many interviews do candidates generally go through before being offered a position?
    3. How do most people enter this profession?
    4. Considering all the people you've met in your field, what personal attributes are essential for success?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

More questions to see your personality type than anything. Wasn't very technical questions, they understand that you're a college kid with no experience, so don't try to portray yourself as this career ready business savvy 21 year old. Sell yourself, not what you're trying to be.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

very good, I enjoyed the internet and was given great insight on the company. The managing directer was very helpful in decision making. This is a great company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tucson, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

It is straightforward. They explain you the job and tell you that you get paid by commission. Then they tell you that soft skills are more important than analytical skills for this job.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable selling insurance to your friends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, the first two being relatively informal. A large amount of time is spent trying to dissuade you from jumping into this job and weed out those not truly fit for the position, as it's not for everybody.

Interview Questions

• Approximately how many people are you comfortable contacting about financial services off the top of your head?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview is very thorough and challenging, but there's only one interview to get selected. Everyone is very friendly and helpful at the local Austin office. The location is great as well!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Group Phone Interview followed by individual interviews. Revealed that pay is almost entirely comission based on sales. Must complete a worksheet with the contact information of almost every friend and family you know

Interview Questions

• How many people do you have in your social circle that may be interested in their services   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process for the first interview was very relaxed and mostly a get to know you session. They asked a lot of questions about my life and what I care about. This was the first of 3 steps to getting hired

Interview Questions

• Why Norhtwestern Mutual? What are your goals for the future? What are you looking for in a job? Do you have a girlfriend?   Answer Question