Find jobs for Financial Planner

Northwestern Mutual Financial Planner Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 3.5K interviews

Recruiter14%
2.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI)

Interview

Incredibly smooth process than transitions next step to next step with plenty of help from recruiters and other team members along the way! Once aboard be prepared for joint work though!

Interview Questions
  • How I know I want to be in this position
    1 Answer

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, went in for 2 interviews and then took online assessment. First interview was with new planner who also does recruiting and second was with person in charge of hiring.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Rochester, NH)

Interview

Smooth, educational, and no pressure. One of the best and most enjoyable interviews I have had. They made it a point to explain that there is no pressure all the way to the start date. Even should you accept the offer they honestly want you to the think it through

Interview Questions
  • Previous job related experience and skill required to be successful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Very casual, conversational interview. The interviewer encourages you to ask a lot of questions and explains the program in depth. One initial call with HR then another two interviews with an associate

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Apr 2021

Interview

Joke of a company. First off this is a sales position. You are signing up to be a life insurance salesman. If a company ever asks you to list 100 of your family members, stay away. They want interns just for money and are trying to exploit young students who need experience in the industry. Honestly the internship program is a Multi-level marketing scheme that gives 50% of the commission you make to a senior advisor. You are going to sell to your close relatives and convince them to buy insurance plans that they don’t need. They only want you for your network and if you happen to work hard you may move up to a full-time insurance salesman with poor compensations. If you want a career path in legitimate financial planning this is not the position for you.

Interview Questions
  • List 5 friends you would start a company with.
  • Fill in this diagram of 100 people you are close to

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Interview was not bad at all. Pretty generic questions (tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, why do you want this job, etc.). I wouldn't stress too much about any curveballs being thrown.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

The interview was very casual. I mostly felt like I was being convinced to accept the internship. For the first round of interviews, they just discuss the internship and make sure you know what you've applied to.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why you applied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newark, NJ) in Nov 2020

Interview

Nice casual interview - very conversational. NO pressure at all to move along and open to answer all of my concerns and questions. Seemed like there would be multiple steps to the process. I only was apart of the initial meeting but it was very good and almost enjoyable.

Interview Questions
  • Do you like to provide solutions to people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Grand Rapids, MI) in Apr 2020

Interview

It was a great atmosphere. There are 4 steps to this process, so definitely not a short one. The first step dealt with a ton of information about the company, but it would be a good idea to come with some questions because if you don't process things quickly you'll be left with a bunch of questions afterward. However, definitely worth doing to get the information.

Interview Questions
  • What I majored in while in college and why. Also what I liked most about it.

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Started with a group interview where we were asked about which of their company values we align with most. Then there were a couple in-person interviews with case studies, focusing more on how we problem solve as oppose to coming to a right answer. We also had to interview ten people in our network and get referral for those who could be interested in our services.

Interview Questions
  • Which of our company values do you align with most? Name two weaknesses and two strengths.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Interviews