Northwestern Mutual Financial Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Planner Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Rockville, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Great, extremely laid back and friendly. It was a conversation about myself with the employees, regional branch director and COO all asking me questions about myself. No pressure at all, they just want to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my family, their retirement goals. Asked about my network and what I'm interested in for future career goals.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone, 30 minutes with an HR person. The follow-up interview was with the same HR person, but at the office. Total time was a little over an hour. 50% was asking questions about resume, the remainder of the time was spent by the HR person selling the company. There was a personality survey following this interview. The next interview was with the senior branch manager (hiring manager). This interview was more personal, the questions were less about your professional background and more along the lines of your character. The majority of this interview was spent by the manager, again, selling the company

Interview Questions

• 1st In-person interview: random questions about your accomplishments listed on your resume
      2nd In-person interview: What was it like where you grew up? What did you learn from your parents? How many siblings do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Simple. They asked me basic behavioral questions and about my past experience. Overall, it seemed as if the woman did not seem to care about my financial background, and instead looked at my personality instead.

Financial Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I applied online with just my resume then quickly got a call from a recruiter, they were looking to add to their pool of financial planners. An introductory interview over the phone then a one-on-one interview with the managing director.

Interview Questions

• Explain the network you developed that can help grow your client base?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

super easy it felt too easy. I walked in and we basically talked about the person I was and my fit in the job. I declined the job because I didn't like the culture of the company and it almost felt fraudulent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

3 in-person interviews. They pretty much try to sell Northwestern Mutual to you. This position is only commission so there isn't much for them to lose. They ask you to compile a list of your family and friends that could be contacted for financial planning services and insurance sales. I wasn't keen to sell life insurance to my friends and family, so I declined the final interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 traits that describe you? Give an example of a time you demonstrated one of these.   1 Answer

Financial Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very swift and professional. I was interviewed three times. All three times were in person. One was with another person but most were very personal. For the third interview you must prepare some recommendations. Good for seeing if you will do well at the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

Sat for 2 hours listening to how hard it is to survive the first year of the process, and how important it is to have a large natural market.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave you last job? Was it because of you or was it because of them? How do you see yourself in ten years? How big is your natural market?   Answer Question