Northwestern Mutual Financial Planning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Planning Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

2.3

Anonymous Employee in De Pere, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (De Pere, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

Two interviews talking about yourself with the same interviewer, relatively relaxed. After accepting the job there was a fingerprinting and background check, as well as two examines to get certified to sell insurance. They make it seem like it is a very selective process but based on the other interns there it and the amount of interns there are in a small office it seems unlikely that this is the case.

Interview Questions

• Why you are interested in the job.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Northwestern Mutual came onto our campus to recruit. The position is somewhat misleading as they strongly express that there is no need to contact friends and family, but in essence, the interview process involves you reaching out to family and/or friends.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview was very comfortable and provided me with a lot of good information. The interview began with the interviewer trying to get to know me and develop rapport. He then described the internship in more detail and answered all of my questions. Finally, he told me what next steps I should take to secure the position and invited me to schedule a followup meeting.

Interview Questions

• The main focus of the interview was to determine whether I was a personality match.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Great interview process, everyone I talked to was super friendly and helpful. Started with an interview with the recruiter than two more in person interviews. They were always super prompt with replying to any questions or follow up emails.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

They invite you in just for 1 round interview. Strictly behavioral questions, just try to keep a conversation going and seem like you're an interesting person. They ask you about your 'network' because they just want to get more people to buy their insurance and make money.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

During the interview process the recruiters and hiring managers are very inviting, they want to teach you about the company initially (group interview), second they want to know if you are interested and why, lastly they want to get to know you. This last interview was conversational and I felt comfortable and confident.