Northwestern Mutual Financial Planning Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 3.5K interviews

Recruiter15%
2.1
HardAverageEasy

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, went in for 2 interviews and then took online assessment. First interview was with new planner who also does recruiting and second was with person in charge of hiring.

Interview Questions
  • What is your opinion on entrepreneurship?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Rochester, NH)

Interview

Smooth, educational, and no pressure. One of the best and most enjoyable interviews I have had. They made it a point to explain that there is no pressure all the way to the start date. Even should you accept the offer they honestly want you to the think it through

Interview Questions
  • Previous job related experience and skill required to be successful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Very casual, conversational interview. The interviewer encourages you to ask a lot of questions and explains the program in depth. One initial call with HR then another two interviews with an associate

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Interview was not bad at all. Pretty generic questions (tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, why do you want this job, etc.). I wouldn't stress too much about any curveballs being thrown.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

The interview was very casual. I mostly felt like I was being convinced to accept the internship. For the first round of interviews, they just discuss the internship and make sure you know what you've applied to.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why you applied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newark, NJ) in Nov 2020

Interview

Nice casual interview - very conversational. NO pressure at all to move along and open to answer all of my concerns and questions. Seemed like there would be multiple steps to the process. I only was apart of the initial meeting but it was very good and almost enjoyable.

Interview Questions
  • Do you like to provide solutions to people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Grand Rapids, MI) in Apr 2020

Interview

It was a great atmosphere. There are 4 steps to this process, so definitely not a short one. The first step dealt with a ton of information about the company, but it would be a good idea to come with some questions because if you don't process things quickly you'll be left with a bunch of questions afterward. However, definitely worth doing to get the information.

Interview Questions
  • What I majored in while in college and why. Also what I liked most about it.

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Started with a group interview where we were asked about which of their company values we align with most. Then there were a couple in-person interviews with case studies, focusing more on how we problem solve as oppose to coming to a right answer. We also had to interview ten people in our network and get referral for those who could be interested in our services.

Interview Questions
  • Which of our company values do you align with most? Name two weaknesses and two strengths.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA) in Mar 2020

Interview

Three Steps: first an info session online, then a phone interview and another phone interview for the final round. Info session was about an hour but each interview was fairly brief

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in Oct 2019

Interview

Sat for 2 hours listening to how hard it is to survive the first year of the process, and how important it is to have a large natural market.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you leave you last job? Was it because of you or was it because of them? How do you see yourself in ten years? How big is your natural market?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews