Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 62 of over 3.5K interviews

Recruiter15%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and the interview was personable and felt more like a conversation. The response was quick and going through the stages felt like they went by very quickly.

Interview Questions
  • Refer 60 individuals in your circle.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in Apr 2021

Interview

It was 30-45 minutes. Title is misleading. This is a sales position where they want you to sell their life insurance. Commission based. The also asked if I knew of any friends that would also be interested in an internship and asked for their name and number which I found pretty weird . If I got an offer I would of declined.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

The people who interviewed me were perfectly nice but the position was not a good fit for me which I realized later on. The interview is not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cleveland, OH) in Mar 2021

Interview

Interview was fairly straightforward, surface level kind of stuff (where do you see yourself in 5 years, what made you want to apply to NWM, what drives you?) and interviewer was very friendly and approachable. This was one of my first internship interviews and honestly was glad it was; even if I don't take/get the job it was a good primer for future interviews and I think it was good practice. They passed me onto the second round which isn't so much of an interview as much as it is a meeting with the office manager.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you want to be in 5 years time?
  • What made you want to apply to NWM?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

3 Interviews- First one is a phone call to get to know you, second one you will be assigned a project that involves networking, third one reviews your assignments and goes over further details of the job

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

applied through campus recruiting job board, Easy behavioral with market project, initial round with recruiter then manager and then final round with the hiring manager had to do a project an interview was based on that

Interview Questions
  • walk me through you resume market research why Northwestern mutual

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

The interview was a 40 minute conversation with one of the established Financial Representatives. He did not grill me with any questions that would try to trick me or anything of that nature, it was mostly just to see how well I thought I could do selling insurance.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Sep 2020

Interview

there are two rounds, talking with the campus recruiter and campus director. it's a great process. They have great tutoring system and skill program. the intern could learn to help prospective clients and personalized financial planning. Also intern work out of office.

Interview Questions
  • introduction/go through your resume/ campus experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Columbus, OH) in Sep 2020

Interview

They wanted to make sure you were connected to other people so that you could call your friends and family to get them as clients, which is not great. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions
  • What have you gotten from participating in your extracurricular?

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tampa, FL) in Sep 2020

Interview

The first interview was over the phone and was primarily focused on personality/background. The second interview was with a few others and was more of an information session. After the second interview, we were tasked with completing a prospecting activity (calling 5 people you're close with and getting 5 references from them, then getting 5 references from 5 of those references. The third interview was mostly filled with me asking questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your background beginning with where you're from and leading to your current situation.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Interviews