Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Intern Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Canton, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

The first interview was with a recruiter who asked as many questions to get to know me better than the challenging ones most people think of when an interview comes to mind. The second interview was offered and I had to complete a personality assessment prior to the second interview. The second interview was an early morning session with the College Unit Director, a financial rep in charge of the office's intern program. Each applicant had to bring a life goals sheet as well as 10 questions to ask the CUD. The only requirement or test of the second interview is to show up on time. After that the applicants interview the CUD and are encouraged to ask any and all questions they have. After the second interview a networking project is assigned and a two week deadline is given. Upon completion the applicant sets up the third and final interview with the CUD. At the final interview the networking project is reviewed to make sure it was done properly and professionally and the applicants personality test is reviewed. My personality test suggested I could be suitable for the position and my networking project was also successfully vetted. I was offered the position 3/4s of the way through the interview and the other quarter was spent discussing expectations and future schedules.

Interview Questions

• Define courage.   Answer Question
  • Tell me how you will overcome this characteristic that has been attributed to you by the personality assessment and is seen as an indicator of negative job performance for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position through my career center website. I followed up to make sure the Recruiting Director received my resume. Within a week, I was called back to come in and interview. The financial representative spoke about Northwestern Mutual and how my position will fit in the company, asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what resilience means? Expain one time you were resilient.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sacramento, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Three Rounds, three 1-on-1 interviews. All last about an hour each. Quick and painless. Recruiters are nice and evaluate your qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest struggle that you've faced in life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward, after submitting an online application I was notified of my application having been received. I was contacted within a week through e-mail by a college recruiter who asked some general questions. Following the string of e-mails I was asked for a phone interview where my morals and ethics were the focus, the recruited asking the questions was engaging and inquisitive regarding every aspect of my answers. The final step of the interview was a presentation to the college recruited on a market analysis of potential clients for financial services.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for a specific instance of anyone I knew who had an experience with a financial representative and how it went.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was an intern, there was no negotiation. Strictly commission based with a weekly stipend upon receiving state license number.

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I had three interviews at Northwestern Mutual... they weren't the most formal interview I've ever had because mainly what they are looking for is a confident individual who acts professionally and is self-motivated.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was how open their questions were and how casual it was. They want you to be comfortable leading a conversation because you meet with clients regularly   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI).

Interview

Submitted my resume and received a phone call to schedule an in person interview within the week. Set up an in person interview for the following week, went in for the interview, went well, haven't heard back from NWM yet.

Financial Representative - Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Went through 3 interviews, though some other interns went through as many as six. First I met with the recruiter and she asked me about myself, my history etc. Then she gave me homework. I had to find and interview 6 people about their financial situation and perception of financial representatives.

The second interview, I met with the recruiter again and this time she gave me 5 names of previous interns along with their numbers. I had to call and ask them 10 questions about the internship.

The third interview was with the Managing Director of the main office and he offered me the job

Interview Questions

• How would your best friend describe you in 3 words? Your mom? Previous supervisor?

They wanted 3 different words for each person
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (West Hartford, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, creating a survey and presentation, and personality test

Interview Questions

• Surveying 10 people on their experiences with financial services   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

After them visiting a student organization I decided to contact them. They then set up a phone interview, from there I met in the office. Key points, sound very forward looking, caring, optimistic, and be likable. It is a sales job and you must have a good image to promote their image.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 3, 5, and 10 years down the road financial, professionally, and personally?   Answer Question

Decided it wasn't for me, I chose not to continue the internship through the school year.

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2012.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a job fair, they were really friendly. I had an interview at their office, where we talk about the position. As I was being taken to meet with a recruiter I observed the office space. The work culture seems really friendly and comfortable. The interview process was really comfortable. I was not a nervous wreck. I was able to ask and answer questions without any pressure. It was as if I was having a friendly conversation over coffee with the interviewer. This shows that they really look for people they really can connect and communicate with on a personal and professional level because this position really takes a lot of communication skills with coworkers and clients. Overall, I believe that this was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• If I was an international student. They ask this because they don't hire international students.   Answer Question